Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Deadline Fast Approaching

King Colt

On 10/27/2017 at 7:56 PM, richard pallo said:

Dareus was just traded to the Jaguars for a 6th rd. pick that could turn into a 5th.   SB Nation hit on that one as a possibility.   Could the Bills be also listening to offers for Glenn as they suggest?

Right now you have some teams that will take picks for guys that have heavy cap hits, usually due to regime changes.  They do have a lot of Tackles on their roster as you mentioned so if they see a future with some maybe they will let Glenn go for a lat round pick.  I would love it and again that allows us to have less to worry about come FA and draft time.  Plus Haeg is just not a starting Tackle.

On 10/29/2017 at 8:34 AM, HungarianColtsFan said:

Per ESPN, Colts receiving inquiries for V. Davis:

http://zestynews.com/post/4468849/sources-colts-fielding-inquiries-for-cb-davis?utm_source=zesty_colts&utm_medium=Zesty-Twitter

Somehow I feel we would regret if we traded him.

Why? He's most likely gone after this season and hasn't been playing as well as previous years. I doubt he's in Ballard's plan for the future, either. If he plays well for his next team, good for him.

47 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Why? He's most likely gone after this season and hasn't been playing as well as previous years. I doubt he's in Ballard's plan for the future, either. If he plays well for his next team, good for him.

If Luck is not coming back this season, it would definitely be a good trade for us if we got at least a 4th rounder for Vontae Davis.

Just now, JColts72 said:

And who will pay rest of Luck's contract, hiding in the hole Jimmy?

I don't understand this question, the trade possibility is for Vontae Davis. Luck's contract, Irsay is on the books for it, and Irsay has a history of being patient. He ponied up $23 mil. for Peyton in his last year, $15 mil. I think for Freeney his last year even though Freeney was not fitting in the 3-4, so Irsay will ride it out on Luck's contract without any re-structuring.

If they are going to shut Luck down, or if they are going to just let him play a game or two, this season is as good as gone, from a playoff contention point of view. So, if VD is going to walk, at least we can get something for him.

Eagles are always in the market for a CB, they got Darby back from injury and I would see if the Eagles would want to make a trade. Same with Cowboys. I can see both those potent offenses wanting to shore up their secondary, hands down.