Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do You Think Peyton Will Be With The Colts?

jtcoltsfan

Do you think Peyton Manning will sign with the Colts?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Peyton Manning will restructure his deal and sign with Indy?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have a clue
    • I hope not, but I think he will
    • I hope so, but I don't think he will

This is what I see happening.

1. Manning reworks contract to $10 million+ escalators, many of them.

2. At the last minute before the draft there is a workout by Manning that leaks onto interwebs

3. Indy trades Luck to Washington or Miami for something disgusting like 1+2+3 2012 and 1+2 2013

4. Indy gets a bunch of good young talent "to surround Manning"

5. Lose first 2-3 games due to "rust"

6. Eek out a win

7. Lose a few more "due to rookies"

8. Manning goes down just after reaching the big 60% playing time escalator in contract

9. Lose rest of games

10. End season at 2-14 get #1 again

11. Barkley ends up on a team with tons of young talent, becomes next dynasty.

2. At the last minute before the draft there is a workout by Manning that leaks onto interwebs

3. Indy trades Luck to Washington or Miami for something disgusting like 1+2+3 2012 and 1+2 2013

6. Eek out a win

8. Manning goes down just after reaching the big 60% playing time escalator in contract

9. Lose rest of games

That's quite a prediction, lol

6. Eek out a win

9. Lose rest of games

12. Sethralavode wakes up from his daydream.

6. Eek out a win

9. Lose rest of games

12. Colts fans groan again after another 2-14 season,

13. Colts fans then hope that Manning recovers to play out his new contract

14. Another raging controversy about using the #1 pick on a QB, when we have the GOAT at QB, even though he is now 37 and recovering from his 5th/6th? neck surgery.

15. Miami chooses to act on a ridiculous offer for Luck received from the Texans, even though he led Miami to the playoffs.

16. Irsay squashes such controversy, saying that he will not be fooled twice into the same mistake, and drafts Barkley while cutting Manning.

17. Luck and the Texans beat Barkley and the Colts every game they play, much like how Luck and Stanford beat Barkley and USC, confirming scouts' ratings that he is better than Barkley.

18. UndecidedFrog groans as he cheers on the Colts, and hopes Barkley can improve faster.

19. UndecidedFrog wakes up from his nightmare.

12. Colts fans groan again after another 2-14 season,

13. Colts fans then hope that Manning recovers to play out his new contract

14. Another raging controversy about using the #1 pick on a QB, when we have the GOAT at QB, even though he is now 37 and recovering from his 5th/6th? neck surgery.

15. Miami chooses to act on a ridiculous offer for Luck received from the Texans, even though he led Miami to the playoffs.

16. Irsay squashes such controversy, saying that he will not be fooled twice into the same mistake, and drafts Barkley while cutting Manning.

17. Luck and the Texans beat Barkley and the Colts every game they play, much like how Luck and Stanford beat Barkley and USC, confirming scouts' ratings that he is better than Barkley.

18. UndecidedFrog groans as he cheers on the Colts, and hopes Barkley can improve faster.

19. UndecidedFrog wakes up from his nightmare.

OMG LOL. I need to get a Luck Texans jersey.

This could not be a more split poll.

At the time of this post, 75 think Peyton will be gone and 49 think that he will be here. You didn't add in the votes of those hoping for one outcome but who actually believe the opposite will occur. When this is taken into consideration the poll is not close at all.

At the time of this post, 75 think Peyton will be gone and 49 think that he will be here. You didn't add in the votes of those hoping for one outcome but who actually believe the opposite will occur. When this is taken into consideration the poll is not close at all.

Is that how polls work?

/sarcasm

If you know then why say it was split? {Not being sarcastic.}

There was 5 options, 2 had very little votes. The other 3 had around 30 votes. Their was no popular opinion. That makes the poll split. Their may have been people wanting Peyton to return, but they don't think he will return. That isn't the same as a straight no.

There was 5 options, 2 had very little votes. The other 3 had around 30 votes. Their was no popular opinion. That makes the poll split. Their may have been people wanting Peyton to return, but they don't think he will return. That isn't the same as a straight no.

In interpret the possible answers as falling into 3 categories:

Yes, No, DK.

There are 2 answer options for each of yes and no.

People who voted no, I interpret as they do not think PM will be with the Colts.

People who voted, I hope so, but don't think he will, also don't think PM will be with the Colts.

Hence, there are 83 votes that represent people who do not think PM will be with the Colts.

Similarly, there are 2 answer option for yes.

People who voted yes, I interpret as they do think PM will be with the Colts.

People who voted I hope not, but think he will, also think that PM will be with the Colts.

Hence, there are 47 votes that represent people who do think PM will be with the Colts.

And there are 9 votes that are clueless.

I don't see that as a split poll.

Okay the poll is split evenly along the options listed. I can see why you would say it is split if you are looking at it that way.

However, the choice still essentially boils down to "yes" you think he returns or "no" you believe he will not be back. If you want Peyton to return but think he won't then you are still saying that you don't think he'll restructure and return. Personally, that's how I voted. So I still count as a "no" vote. Just as those few who don't want him back but think he will return still count as "yes" votes. There were considerable more "no" type opinions than "yes" ones so the poll isn't exactly split down the middle in that regards. That's all I'm pointing out.

In interpret the possible answers as falling into 3 categories:

Yes, No, DK.

There are 2 answer options for each of yes and no.

People who voted no, I interpret as they do not think PM will be with the Colts.

People who voted, I hope so, but don't think he will, also don't think PM will be with the Colts.

Hence, there are 83 votes that represent people who do not think PM will be with the Colts.

Similarly, there are 2 answer option for yes.

People who voted yes, I interpret as they do think PM will be with the Colts.

People who voted I hope not, but think he will, also think that PM will be with the Colts.

Hence, there are 47 votes that represent people who do think PM will be with the Colts.

And there are 9 votes that are clueless.

I don't see that as a split poll.

Precisely. The ongoing results point out what your post said. I wanted to give the voters a bit more to work with than just 'yes and no'.

Yes being I hope he does and think he will, No being I hope he doesn't and don't think he will.

The way the extra options are worded isn't very even handed. The" I hope not but think he will" option is about as popular as saying "I'm for the war, but against the troops".

It really should be a yes / no / undecided poll.

If people want to explain their thoughts, well ... You don't have to look to far or hard around here to find some.

Y in the poll does it have Payton to restructure his deal, did he not already agree to less money last year to help the colts re-sign other players. Seems to me Payton is already bending over backwards and is ray has his mind made up. If he leaves it's gonna take the colts years to recover. Y would a player sign for the colts if the owner will toss u to the scrap heap at the first sign of things might not be right.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, February 25, 2012 - Duplicate post
Hidden by Coltssouth, February 25, 2012 - Duplicate post

Y in the poll does it have Payton to restructure his deal, did he not already agree to less money last year to help the colts re-sign other players. Seems to me Payton is already bending over backwards and is ray has his mind made up. If he leaves it's gonna take the colts years to recover. Y would a player sign for the colts if the owner will toss u to the scrap heap at the first sign of things might not be right.

This poll doesn't take into account if Peyton agrees to restructure and try to stay and Irsay cuts him anyways. That is what I think will happen. Peyton will agree but Irsay will cut him anyway. I can't vote for the others because I don't think that is how it will go down and I am sure many feel the same way.

Or...Peyton restructures and the Colts trade him for draft picks. Plausible.

This poll doesn't take into account if Peyton agrees to restructure and try to stay and Irsay cuts him anyways. That is what I think will happen. Peyton will agree but Irsay will cut him anyway. I can't vote for the others because I don't think that is how it will go down and I am sure many feel the same way.

Or...Peyton restructures and the Colts trade him for draft picks. Plausible.

I don't believe any of these will happen, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

I don't event think the Colts are willing to continue to implement Peyton's offense, given our experience last season.

We didn't keep Clyde Christenson to look pretty on the sidelines, we have cheerleaders to do that.

I think they want to keep it mostly in place but tweak it some. Frankly if Peyton comes back he's going to fight it if you change it too much.

If we go with Luck though they will change it more I would guess just because I don't think any rookie, even one that did some of the samethings Manning does in college would be able to run a Peyton Manning offense.

Still I think the main problem with the offense last year was we just didn't have a good enough QB to make it work. That problem should be fixed this year rather it's Maning or Luck running the offense.

We didn't keep Clyde Christenson to look pretty on the sidelines, we have cheerleaders to do that.

I think they want to keep it mostly in place but tweak it some. Frankly if Peyton comes back he's going to fight it if you change it too much.

If we go with Luck though they will change it more I would guess just because I don't think any rookie, even one that did some of the samethings Manning does in college would be able to run a Peyton Manning offense.

Still I think the main problem with the offense last year was we just didn't have a good enough QB to make it work. That problem should be fixed this year rather it's Maning or Luck running the offense.

Does the QB coach still run the offense? I thought that was the job of the OC.

Does the QB coach still run the offense? I thought that was the job of the OC.

He's going to have a say in it. Again if they were just going to toss out the window they wouldn't have kept Clyde and brought in mannings old qb coach to run it. Will they tweek it? Sure. Will it be a total over haul? I doubt that.