Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good and Bad from Browns game..

MarquisJ

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Melvin is showing up and has been reliable with the injuries we had this year. We can agree on that. I'm one of the few who was actually wanted him to start over Wilson because we didn't know what Wilson could bring, but I know that Melvin had one of the best cornerback performances last year against the Packers. He didn't have any interceptions or glamour stats, but when a pass came his way he kept his eye on the ball and defended it.

That's the difference I'm trying to make. Kudos to him for being in good position for the picks but when he gets to the point where he is telegraphing plays and reading the quarterback's eyes, he'll be a difference maker in every game.

He's only 27 and has room for improvement. I respect him for coming in without a training camp last year and being a starter ever since.

I agree with you and will say he adds to our growing depth with the position.  I also think Desir has a lot of upside and I wanted him in the draft.  Wilson has great upside as well so I would say if Melvin continues to improve and take advantage of playing time he should hopefully continue to improve.  When Davis gets back and Wilson is healthy I am curious if they just give Wilson limited snaps.  I mean if Melvin looks good I get keeping him in but if he starts to struggle do you have a quick hook?

6 hours ago, akcolt said:

Come on Cleveland had the ball for 25 seconds inside their 10 yard line with a chance to win/tie. They ran 2 plays. We didn't get lucky we were up 2 scores for 29 minutes and 35 seconds of the 2nd half

Good WE WON THE GAME

Brissett played a solid game I like this kid. The Ghost finally appeared. We scored 31 points and won the turnover battle. Simon continues to shine Melvin 2 picks Desir looks like he can help. Hooker another INT. 

Bad PENALTIES we had 11 That's way to many and we are going in the wrong direction 4 vs LAR 8 vs Cards. Butler come on man Doyle had a bad day Who ever decided George only needed to be on the field for 7 snaps. Mewhort costly penalty. We had trouble blocking up the middle Pass D tighten up the rush a step slow 

Looking forward Davis could be back hopefully that tightens up the pass D. Kelly has to be close and Luck may be back at practice. Brissett keeps playing like he has might there be a QB controversy? He has 1 turnover in 2 games. Should Butler's snaps go to a developing player? Please get George back in the mix on D. Why do we make such poor personnel decisions? He gave us our best game by an ILB last week so he rides the bench this week. 

You chose to take most of my post out of context.  I don't care if you want to believe it our not, blind luck was a decent part of our win.

Mainly, we were lucky that we played a team even more inept than ours was in the second half.  Did you see the lane that Peppers had on that last return?  

Our coaching staff needs to be called out.  The Bengals used the same approach when they were up in the first half yesterday.  The difference was they played a team with one of the best QBs in the league.  Playing scared (or conservative, if you will) is not going to win games in the NFL against decent teams.  No matter what the lead is.