Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fans...Now You Can Laugh at a Team's Banners!

BlacknGold77

So, you guys can finally rejoice.  You have officially been trumped in the embarrassing banner game.

The Falcons have a banner in their new stadium commemorating Jarrett's 3 sacks of Brady for tying the record.  So in a game where they had the biggest choke job in NFL history, they decided to raise a banner for a guy tying a SB record.

http://offthemonstersports.com/2017/08/the-atlanta-falcons-have-hung-their-own-version-of-a-participation-trophy-in-their-new-stadium/

Well they clearly didn't want the Superbowl banner, hence conceding the game. Yup, I'm not calling it a choke job -- they conceded. They probably could have taken a knee on every play and still had a 99% chance of winning, and milking the clock like that would have given their defense more rest.

Wish there was a LOVE button instead of a like button. 

The Falcons meltdown this year is going to be absolutely glorious. I can't wait to see them stumble to that inevitable 6-10 record while still singing the blues about how they should've won the SB. lmao

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

Wish there was a LOVE button instead of a like button. 

The Falcons meltdown this year is going to be absolutely glorious. I can't wait to see them stumble to that inevitable 6-10 record while still singing the blues about how they should've won the SB. lmao

What's worse, they blew their window. Now they're a team in transition having lost their OC. Their season is done before it even starts imo.

4 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

What's worse, they blew their window. Now they're a team in transition having lost their OC. Their season is done before it even starts imo.

Don't tell their fans that. lmao They think they're going to go back and win it lmao

That SB loss is already mentally breaking them....Shanahan became a decent scapegoat, but now you have Freeman insisting he should've been SB MVP, and Quinn has done a lot of silly things so far this off season freaking out over it. The clock thing was the funniest so far. 

I don't think Atlanta is going to get another shot like this. Also the first year that they were 100% healthy all year. Julio Jones often gets injured through out the year, and they battle injuries often. 

I have the Falcons going 9-7. Saints will win the Division at 10-6 edging out them and Carolina. Carolina may bounce back and go something like 10-6 but I will say Saints will pull out the Division. Brees has 1 more run in him IMO. Bucs will at least be .500 not to ignore them either, that whole Division may not have a team below .500. I would bet a lot that the Falcons definitely wont go back to the SB though. I just don't see it after losing like that and most teams that make it don't anyway the next season.

And here I thought participation blue ribbons were only handed out in middle school. 

Wow, Atlanta you lost the biggest game in your franchise's history. 

There are no moral victories in football at the Lombardi level. 

This just reminds people that Big Blue can seal the deal against NE & you simply crumbled.

Yea, I still don't get it. They seriously could have just kneeled all game and I think they would have won, but the powers that be probably wouldn't allow for that. I feel like Goodell was talking to Atlanta and was like, "Throw it! Let's make this exciting for the fans!"

8 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Personally, I will not rejoice, nor am I embarrassed by any banner that the Colts decided to put up.  If a team wants to put up a banner, fine, i wouldn't do it, but it doesn't affect me one way or another.

Agree completely.  I have a life to lead and kids to raise to be concerned in the least about what banner the Colts or any other team decide to put up.  Who cares?

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

Personally, I will not rejoice, nor am I embarrassed by any banner that the Colts decided to put up.  If a team wants to put up a banner, fine, i wouldn't do it, but it doesn't affect me one way or another.

I agree. I still don't see the big deal about us hanging a Title Game Appearance Banner. A lot of franchises have never made that game since the Divisions got realigned so it's a Very Good to Great accomplishment. If you ask anyone in here, would you rather win your Division but lose in Round 1 or make it in as a WildCard but make the Title Game, 99% of people would say the latter and everyone is fine if we hang Division Title Banners. Texans have never made a Title Game for example, if they made one they would probably celebrate like they won a SB.