Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

41 wins, Blue..

..at the start of the season I just hoped we'd finish .500 and make the playoffs. That was the goal.

..now with Charlotte guaranteed to be eliminated by they time we play them twice....we could get to 46-36

We will get to 46+ and will beat the Hornets bc we are a better team. Before Myles and Sabonis went down we were collecting W's and stacking tiebreakers. We close the season at least 6-5 in the last 11. This team is sitting 4th and has their eye on the 3rd seed. 

39 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We will get to 46+ and will beat the Hornets bc we are a better team. Before Myles and Sabonis went down we were collecting W's and stacking tiebreakers. We close the season at least 6-5 in the last 11.

I wish we always beat teams we were better than.....

The good news is: Golden State is almost totally locked into the No.2 slot in the west and they can rest their stars when they play us, right?

.....Toronto at Cleveland Wednesday night

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Solid win, the Lakers are much improved this season. We are now 41-30 and still in contention for the 3rd spot. Only 11 games to go, I see no way we finish worse than 6th at this point. Turner came up big tonight and Dipo had a Good game too.  

,,and the '6' slot will play the '3'...probably Washington or Cleveland.

Of those 2, I'd rather play Washington.....

I'd rather be the '7' and face Boston but I don't want to semi-intentionally lose games to get there...

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

,,and the '6' slot will play the '3'...probably Washington or Cleveland.

Of those 2, I'd rather play Washington.....

I'd rather be the '7' and face Boston but I don't want to semi-intentionally lose games to get there...

Yeah hopefully we end up playing Philly or Washington. Those are better matchups for us.

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I wish we always beat teams we were better than.....

The good news is: Golden State is almost totally locked into the No.2 slot in the west and they can rest their stars when they play us, right?

.....Toronto at Cleveland Wednesday night

We have done a pretty good job of taking care of the games we should beat. We have shown this season we are a top team in the East. Washington is the only team we don't hold the tiebreaker with.  They got us without Dipo and then without Myles and Domas. We split with Boston. They too beat us without Dipo and who can forget the throw away game. We have a chance to grab a split with the Raptors coming up. 

We don't need anyone to rest starters. We just need to be relatively healthy. We are still in 4th only a 1/2 game back of 3rd in the East. We aren't there because of luck. We earned it head to head with the teams behind us. We will continue winning games to close this season. We should get to 47-49 wins. Philly needs to win one more than us to finish in front of us in the standings. I don't think we finish lower then 5th. 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

We have done a pretty good job of taking care of the games we should beat. We have shown this season we are a top team in the East. Washington is the only team we don't hold the tiebreaker with.  They got us without Dipo and then without Myles and Domas. We split with Boston. They too beat us without Dipo and who can forget the throw away game. We have a chance to grab a split with the Raptors coming up. 

We don't need anyone to rest starters. We just need to be relatively healthy. We are still in 4th only a 1/2 game back of 3rd in the East. We aren't there because of luck. We earned it head to head with the teams behind us. We will continue winning games to close this season. We should get to 47-49 wins. Philly needs to win one more than us to finish in front of us in the standings. I don't think we finish lower then 5th. 

Yeah we will be fine. So far since the so-called nightmare of a schedule started we are 3-2. We may have beat Washington had Turner and Domas played? Losing at Washington without our 2 Centers and losing to Toronto where Turner got injured and no Domas is understandable.

6 hours ago, akcolt said:

We have done a pretty good job of taking care of the games we should beat. 

We don't need anyone to rest starters. We just need to be relatively healthy. We are still in 4th only a 1/2 game back of 3rd in the East. We aren't there because of luck.

'Pretty good' ?.....'Teams we should beat?"   We've lost to the Bulls, Atlanta, Charlotte  and Dallas...and we are 1-3 against Detroit.  No excuses. We've just played better against The Cavs and Boston.

..and we can all admit that we've been somewhat fortunate injury-wise compared to Boston and Cleveland.  Everybody has.  But there's no excuses for them either...Especially Boston, which I understand has the greatest coach in the history of the NBA

..and of course we need the Warriors to rest players or stay hurt when we get to play them....do you WANT to play them twice at full strength?...That's just talk

Right now it looks like we'll be '6' and we'll open the playoffs at Cleveland.

......we could get to '5' and still face the Cavs

But I'm seeing video of Sabonis practicing and looks like he'll be back this weekend

Edited by oldunclemark

......... listening to TNT and ESPN and NBA radio....

..'everybody' wants to play us.... 'everyone' wants to draw US in the first round.   Really?

I'm reading where...Washington wants to play us.  Folks on TV say 'If the Sixers play the Pacers. I'll take the Sixers'

Its annoying.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

......... listening to TNT and ESPN and NBA radio....

..'everybody' wants to play us.... 'everyone' wants to draw US in the first round.   Really?

I'm reading where...Washington wants to play us.  Folks on TV say 'If the Sixers play the Pacers. I'll take the Sixers'

Its annoying.

Let them under estimate us. Nobody even considers us a contender and that's fine. It is amazing how those networks even mention teams like the Bucks before us :lol:. That's ok, it's great being under the radar IMO

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let them under estimate us. Nobody even considers us a contender and that's fine. It is amazing how those networks even mention teams like the Bucks before us :lol:. That's ok, it's great being under the radar IMO

You wouldnt believe it.

They talk about how great the 76ers are/...How Washington could jump up and get to the East finals.

How if Milwaukee draws Boston, they could get to the East finals

..and nationally.....and I know this wont surprise you.....but nobody knows who is playing for us.

Casual talking sports heads think Victor is carrying the entire team and Lance is comic relief....

I realize that I'm not unbiased but the contributions of Darren Collison and Thad Young are not noticed.

The 'mouths' think Bogdonavic plays for Sacramento.

I've heard that Indiana isn't likely to win a series because none of their players have been in the post-season before. What?   Most of our players have been in the post-season.

Thad Young's played in 30 or 40 playoff games......so has Lance....

Vic and Domas were in the post season last year with OKC.....Al Jefferson has lived forever...

It just bugs me..

I guess Indianapolis is not exactly the media hub of the sports world..

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Cavs 132, Toronto 129

Toronto was up by 15 at the half....  Cavs aren't the only team with some defensive problems

That is why we need to finish 4th or 5th to avoid the Cavs. Cavs are going to finish 3rd. We have a 50/50 shot of beating the Sixers or Wizards. LeBron isn't losing at least until the Conference Finals.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we let one get away tonight. NO has been playing great ball since the All-Star break. Beating them at NO would've been a solid win. We had our chances.

We led more than we trailed..that's true....

.....Hard to turn them over with Rondo..and shots inside arent easy with davis

I'd just as soon not play the again

• Like 1

The only thing I'm worried about right now is that it feels like we are destined to get the number six seed and play Cleveland. I think they'll sweep us like they did last year. We're not going to be able to match them offensively when LeBron turns on playoff mode.

With how easy the 76ers schedule is, I'm locking them into a top 5 seed.

That would leave either us or the Wizards to get the sixth seed. I guess it would depend on what injuries on other teams we can take advantage of during this last stretch, and how many games the Wizards may drop without John Wall.

Let's hope it starts with SAS beating them tonight.

11 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

The only thing I'm worried about right now is that it feels like we are destined to get the number six seed and play Cleveland. I think they'll sweep us like they did last year. We're not going to be able to match them offensively when LeBron turns on playoff mode.

With how easy the 76ers schedule is, I'm locking them into a top 5 seed.

That would leave either us or the Wizards to get the sixth seed. I guess it would depend on what injuries on other teams we can take advantage of during this last stretch, and how many games the Wizards may drop without John Wall.

Let's hope it starts with SAS beating them tonight.

Philly has such an easy schedule you are probably right. We need the Wizards to keep losing and we need to play at least .500 ball over the last 10. Wizards have a tough schedule like us so who knows. I can live with the 5 Seed. Philly is beatable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

That sucked.. Cleveland came back and Indy lost a close one..just terrible

Cavs gave up 79 points in the first half and still won..

I dont want to overreact...but I'm suddenly not sure Toronto can beat Cleveland...

They didn't have Hood, Thompson or Nance...

Kevin Love is very good but the Raptors defense made him look like Rick Mount and Elgin Baylor rolled into one

Edited by oldunclemark