Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So we are 40-28, can we end up 3 or 4 in the East? I would rather talk Pacers Basketball right now and NCAA Hoops than Colts Football. The Colts have me a bit disappointed right now. Baseball starts too in 2 weeks, go Cubs as they try to win another World Series.

No reason to be disappointed in the Colts Ballard said and smartly is sticking to his words We aren't going to be big players in FA. He will bring in help but not spend ridiculous money. We will primarily  build through the draft. 

The Pacers are in good shape after the W v the 76ers Philly has to win 4 more games then we do the rest of the way to get past us in the standings. If we go 8-7 they have to go 12-4 I don't see that happening 

The Wiz have as tough a schedule as we do the rest of the way They have come back to earth and are missing Wall now. We play one more time I think the winner gets the tiebreaker. 

It looks like we will battle the Cavs who are really banged up for the 3 seed. They have an easier schedule but as I've been saying about this scary schedule all a long We have beat all the teams this season there is no reason to believe we won't win our share going forward. I think we get the 4 seed at worst. 

On 3/11/2018 at 11:08 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We would've won it all in 2005 IMO but the brawl happened. 1998 was the best team we ever had but we had to play Jordan. He got us in 7.

I had season tickets in 2005.  That team was touch as nails and so was Detroit.  I remember after the suspensions seeing Freddy Jones as our star guard :)  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akcolt said:

No reason to be disappointed in the Colts Ballard said and smartly is sticking to his words We aren't going to be big players in FA. He will bring in help but not spend ridiculous money. We will primarily  build through the draft. 

The Pacers are in good shape after the W v the 76ers Philly has to win 4 more games then we do the rest of the way to get past us in the standings. If we go 8-7 they have to go 12-4 I don't see that happening 

The Wiz have as tough a schedule as we do the rest of the way They have come back to earth and are missing Wall now. We play one more time I think the winner gets the tiebreaker. 

It looks like we will battle the Cavs who are really banged up for the 3 seed. They have an easier schedule but as I've been saying about this scary schedule all a long We have beat all the teams this season there is no reason to believe we won't win our share going forward. I think we get the 4 seed at worst. 

Yeah....Colts were one of the reasons I stayed away from the forum.  I know I was on here before the season saying how hard this pacer team would play and I was for the trade.

I love it a whole lot more after the grit last night.  Booker looking like the Big that we needed.  Really nice signing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, akcolt said:

We will primarily  build through the draft. 

im not a fan of that approach for this team because luck could be retired by the time we build a good team

i hope we build to win soon, and dont plan on a 5-10 year window with luck 

we have money too, and no one on the roster to pay

6 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Yeah....Colts were one of the reasons I stayed away from the forum.  I know I was on here before the season saying how hard this pacer team would play and I was for the trade.

I love it a whole lot more after the grit last night.  Booker looking like the Big that we needed.  Really nice signing.

Welcome back Brent. I remember you being on the just wait and see bus in the preseason. There weren't many of us. You made back not only for the playoff run and the annual why aren't we over paying for these free agents feast. 

It's been a fantastic season. Dipo is an All Star and I think should find himself on an NBA All Defensive team. Domas a rising star and Nate should be in the running for coach of the year. Pritchard has to be the Exec of the Year. I am anxious to see how we close this season. Hopefully we roll into the playoffs with a healthy roster.  

The win last night was huge in so many ways. It was very encouraging we did it without much scoring from Vic or Bogy. Of course Vic being Vic he did drain a huge 3 in the closing mins. That tiebreaker in our pocket is going to make it very difficult for Philly to catch us. They had the best shot of the teams currently 5th and back looking at schedules IMO. 

There is certainly plenty reason to be excited. Myles is playing the best ball of his short career. DC is back and you mentioned Booker. That addition could really be big if Sabonis miss time. GR3 may be a little overlooked with all the excitement. He's shown flashes since returning but I thought he played as well as we've seen last night. This teams best ball is still to come. I can't say enough about Myles the last week or two.

I think it's time to face it this team is that good. No one is overlooking us anymore and every team deals with injuries. We've had our share. There is a reason we sit in 3rd on a pile of tiebreakers. We may just hold that spot the Cavs are really banged up. We are playing better then anyone in the East right now except Toronto. Who we just happen to see tomorrow. Good times for Pacer fans.  

7 hours ago, aaron11 said:

im not a fan of that approach for this team because luck could be retired by the time we build a good team

i hope we build to win soon, and dont plan on a 5-10 year window with luck 

we have money too, and no one on the roster to pay

I feel the same way.   The team has too many holes to rely on the draft to rebuild.  Heck we already need to draft a WR and RB and they weren't holes last season.  The O-line needs fixed first.  

I think Ballard will build some decent depth on defense. 

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

X-Rays on Sabonis ankle are negative. That is great news.

I admit to being worried about that his season would be cut short by Embid's clumsiness

We can sit Domas for a week or two if needed....

Center is a position where we are strong...

• Like 1

This Wizards-Celtics game is really good.

I don't think we can catch the Celtics so I am rooting for them so they can knock the Wizards back another half game in the standings.

Wizards up 1 in double OT right now.

Edit: Well the Wizards pulled it out. Everybody looks gassed. The Wizards just played last night.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

This Wizards-Celtics game is really good.

I don't think we can catch the Celtics so I am rooting for them so they can knock the Wizards back another half game in the standings.

Wizards up 1 in double OT right now.

Yeah I was hoping Boston would win as well, that would've helped us. Wiz just won by 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have cooled off but just hit a big one. We are only up 7 now.

I don't remeber Ibaka shooting 3s this much....

...I'm surprised they want him that far from the basket when the ball is headed to the rim....but hey, they have 50 wins...so that's what they want

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't remeber Ibaka shooting 3s this much....

...I'm surprised they want him that far from the basket when the ball is headed to the rim....but hey, they have 50 wins...so that's what they want

We look like the smarter/better team so far. The Raptors are keying on Bogdanovic a lot and that is opening everything up inside. We lead by 8 at Half 57-49, Collison at the buzzer!

• Thanks 1