Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How We Know Jim Irsay Wants Peyton Back...

wallieump99

No what? Thats what i said. What part of his neck is fused and was cleared by docs didnt you get when you attempted to read my post the first time. And if you are going to say documented, document it! Show it. Show where you have a percentage of where he is at on his nerve regeneration per HIS doctors. What, ESPN and NFLN said so? Did Mannings docs come out and say a percentage?

I never heard that. Provide documents or testemony from HIS docs. Knock off the 'you know that' crap.

no i will not knock it off, if you think his arm is good or anywhere near, then you are in fantasy land.

Ugh....Irsay has never said anything that suggests he's releasing Manning. All of that is fabricated fantasy by those who want him gone. Let's focus on what we do know (which is very little).

The salary "problems" he speaks of are team wide: a generality. What has he said with regards to Manning, specifically, and the salary cap? Only that money wasn't an issue, and that wouldn't be the determining factor. Word-for-word, the March 8th bonus in Manning's contract has nothing to do with his fate; that is, of course, unless he's lying.

The house cleaning he's done didn't include an uncertain, unhealthy Manning, while he also brought in a coach who used to work with Manning years ago. Rebuilding doesn't mean everyone has to go. You can rebuild while hanging on to the best, after all. What has he said specifically about Manning's future with the Colts? Only that he stays if he wants to stay. Word-for-word, he's keeping Manning if Manning wants to stay and can play. By the way, Manning's feelings about staying are well known, so he won't go anywhere if he can play.

Every medical report we have had on Manning has been better than the one before. We have NO documentation or official word about his nerve regeneration. None. Any claims to the contrary are as good as falsifying a tax form.

We keep hearing "he's 36 and recovering from a surgery..." So what? It's a surgery to fix a very specific problem. The surgery took. We know that he's likely been in pain since 2006. What's happened in that time? Only 2 MVP awards and 2 trips to the Super Bowl. He still puts up 4000+ and 30+ without a team. He takes less hits than anyone. He's focused more on physical fitness now than ever (did you see him when he presented the award to Rodgers: fittest I've ever seen him). Elway, Warner, and Favre all had success at 38, 39, and even 40. Manning was putting up better numbers than they were at his age, and now he will have gone a year without taking a hit, and will have a re-tooled philosophy around him designed to alleviate the pressure he bore on himself. The age is irrelevant. Guys have recovered from this surgery before, even at more athletic positions, and he's progressing thus far exactly as other successful patients have in the past.

Irsay is allowing Manning to rehab with the Colts for some reason, and I doubt it's just because he feels bad for the guy.

This is what we know. You can draw whatever conclusions you want, but these are the facts. Clayton, Schefter, Bayless, Cowherd, random guy from a blog - they don't know anything. That's why they all contradict each other, that's why no one agrees. Everything Irsay, Manning, and the people involved report always differs from the talkers so don't believe a word they say.

The bold portion is perfectly written. Well stated.

I can honestly say that I have watched about a 1/4 of the sports tv that I usually watch ever since they've gone on the Manning leaving Indy watch. You can look for any signs that give you hope he stays and somebody can give you signs that he's leaving and vice versa. I'm just refusing to allow myself to get caught up in any of the hoopla. I trust that Irsay is going to make the best decisions possible for the future of this team and I'm going to have to leave it at that. Until Irsay, Manning, or Condon say something about Peyton either staying or parting ways, I'm going to take everything else I hear as useless fodder.

Have you been following Skip and Terrell Suggs go back and forth? Very entertaining watching Suggs make Skip look so bad.

Sometimes I wonder if Skip job is to look bad, say stupid things, and make ridiculous predictions. Like he's trying to be the guy that's always wrong or the guy you love to hate.

Sometimes I wonder if Skip job is to look bad, say stupid things, and make ridiculous predictions. Like he's trying to be the guy that's always wrong or the guy you love to hate.

I've thought that too. There's no way that ESPN can keep someone on the air who is as disliked and points are disputed as much as him. He may be ESPN's version of a "heel" so to say.

I only wonder how further divided the Colts fans on here will become after we know for certain the destination of Peyton.

Will the folks who wanted/expected him gone come here and shout "neener neener!" to everyone who were pulling for him to stay?

Will the posters who wanted/expected him to stay throw an "I told you so!" at those who wanted him out?

As messy as this is right now, I think it's going to get worse once we actually know. Add to that the fact he may get released and re-signed, which will create a window of hysteria in between.

I only wonder how further divided the Colts fans on here will become after we know for certain the destination of Peyton.

Will the folks who wanted/expected him gone come here and shout "neener neener!" to everyone who were pulling for him to stay?

Will the posters who wanted/expected him to stay throw an "I told you so!" at those who wanted him out?

As messy as this is right now, I think it's going to get worse once we actually know. Add to that the fact he may get released and re-signed, which will create a window of hysteria in between.

Yes, as someone recently summed it up....such is life.