Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shot in the Dark Final Mock

I always like to post my final thoughts is the (very) off chance that I nail it.  I feel especially lost this year with a new GM I don't know and a lot of needs.  Furthermore, I have a theory that new GMs have four years of job security and are much less likely to draft for need (to cover previous roster mistakes), so they can be more BPA than established GMs.   So I find myself guessing on who that BPA might be... 

1) Kevin King

2) Chris Wormley

3) Trey Hendrickson

4) Delano Hill

4) Jeremy McNichol

4) Brendan Langley

5) Samson Ebukam

Like many, I hope for a trade down.  I miss out on my biggest man-crush in the no-trade scenario, so here's my trade-down to 25ish scenario:

1) Tyus Bowser

2) Sidney Jones

2) Trey Hendrickson

3) Nico Siragusa

4) Delano Hill

4) Jeremy McNichol

4) Brendan Langley

5) Samson Ebukam

10 minutes ago, twfish said:

I just don't see Bowser being worth a first in any film I've watched yet

I watched two games (live) and haven't really watched any tape.  If you're just thinking of him as an edge rusher, I agree with you.  However, he played in a system that had him in coverage most of the time.  He was fantastic in coverage and great against the run.  His pass rush potential is a bonus to me.  I see him as many see Haason Reddick, a very athletic ILB who can rush the QB...

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I always like to post my final thoughts is the (very) off chance that I nail it.  I feel especially lost this year with a new GM I don't know and a lot of needs.  Furthermore, I have a theory that new GMs have four years of job security and are much less likely to draft for need (to cover previous roster mistakes), so they can be more BPA than established GMs.   So I find myself guessing on who that BPA might be... 

1) Kevin King

2) Chris Wormley

3) Trey Hendrickson

4) Delano Hill

4) Jeremy McNichol

4) Brendan Langley

5) Samson Ebukam

Like many, I hope for a trade down.  I miss out on my biggest man-crush in the no-trade scenario, so here's my trade-down to 25ish scenario:

1) Tyus Bowser

2) Sidney Jones

2) Trey Hendrickson

3) Nico Siragusa

4) Delano Hill

4) Jeremy McNichol

4) Brendan Langley

5) Samson Ebukam

I think you defeated the purpose of trading back. I think you could still get Bowser in round 2...and BPA at #25. Also, I think Siragusa in round 3 is a major reach.

If you did get that type of trade back, it would present a good opportunity to grab a TE.

44 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I think you defeated the purpose of trading back. I think you could still get Bowser in round 2...and BPA at #25. Also, I think Siragusa in round 3 is a major reach.

If you did get that type of trade back, it would present a good opportunity to grab a TE.

Obviously, I disagree we can get Bowser in the 2nd (or else I would have taken him there in my no-trade scenario).  Multiple reports of him being a 1st rounder...

47 minutes ago, Shive said:

I REALLY like Samson Ebukam as a developmental pass rusher. He's very athletic and if he can play more focused and less tasmanian devil, he could be really good.

Agreed.  I tuned in to two games to see Cooper Kupp, and Ebukam drew my eye somewhat.  Like Bowser, he has the size, speed, and athleticism to play any of our four LB spots.  Gonna need time, but he should be great at ST...

24 minutes ago, Archer said:

Obviously, I disagree we can get Bowser in the 2nd (or else I would have taken him there in my no-trade scenario).  Multiple reports of him being a 1st rounder...

I don't think that happens...but we will have to see. I would really like to get him in round 2 tonight.

11 hours ago, Shive said:

I REALLY like Samson Ebukam as a developmental pass rusher. He's very athletic and if he can play more focused and less tasmanian devil, he could be really good.

Me too.  While I noticed him pop out a little when I was watching two E. Washington games late in the year (to see Cooper Kupp, specifically), it wasn't until his Pro Day that I locked in on him.  He's a very athletic piece of clay... 

10 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Just the Sidney Jones pick. Sidney at #46 is my dream IDC what ppl are going to say he's absolutely worth it. 

Ballard's comments regarding the long-term approach, along with recent reports that Jones is creeping back into teams' top 50s, had me making that selection if we miss out on a CB in Round 1...

17 minutes ago, Archer said:

Ballard's comments regarding the long-term approach, along with recent reports that Jones is creeping back into teams' top 50s, had me making that selection if we miss out on a CB in Round 1...

I agree with you and in the future he can be a very solid lock down guy for us.  Specially if Vontae does not come back.