Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whatever Happens: Thank You Peyton

Mexicolt

I wasn't a fan of football 7 years ago.

One day, I turn on the TV and I see this Colts team coming back on Monday night to beat Tampa.

I was stunned at this guy, the Quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts, his way to command the whole field, his risilience, his control, his accuracy. Charismatic guy, pinpoint accuracy... From that day on, I became a fan, I don't miss a Colts game.

But...

I am more than that, I am an NFL fan, I watch Cardinals v Seahawks, I watch College Game if the game is good, I navigate the web to find news and blogs about the league.

I always thought I was a Peyton Manning fan, and once he retired I would have to find a new team, I was wrong, I am a Colts fan, the way PM defended these colrs, that Jersey and both stadiums, cemented my love for the team, I will continue to be a Colt till the day I die, I want this team to continue to be great and I do believe the best way to do that is to let PM go, it hurts, but at the same time it is exciting to think about the future.

I will never stop cheering for him though, and if he plays in another team I will root for his bteam to win it all as long as he plays there, but just because I know he will soon hang 'em up and his success won't really affect the Colts, since they will be rebuilding in the next 3-5 years, so I win anyway.

That is what this man means to these legue.

I wasn't a fan of football 7 years ago.

One day, I turn on the TV and I see this Colts team coming back on Monday night to beat Tampa.

I was stunned at this guy, the Quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts, his way to command the whole field, his risilience, his control, his accuracy. Charismatic guy, pinpoint accuracy... From that day on, I became a fan, I don't miss a Colts game.

But...

I am more than that, I am an NFL fan, I watch Cardinals v Seahawks, I watch College Game if the game is good, I navigate the web to find news and blogs about the league.

I always thought I was a Peyton Manning fan, and once he retired I would have to find a new team, I was wrong, I am a Colts fan, the way PM defended these colrs, that Jersey and both stadiums, cemented my love for the team, I will continue to be a Colt till the day I die, I want this team to continue to be great and I do believe the best way to do that is to let PM go, it hurts, but at the same time it is exciting to think about the future.

I will never stop cheering for him though, and if he plays in another team I will root for his bteam to win it all as long as he plays there, but just because I know he will soon hang 'em up and his success won't really affect the Colts, since they will be rebuilding in the next 3-5 years, so I win anyway.

That is what this man means to these legue.

This is excellent, if only some others here felt the same way. Great post.

Very good way to put this situation. I agree 100% If you can be optimistic enough, its a win/win for Colts fans and Manning fans. Manning fans should be happy cause he will probably still be playing and probably in a better position to get another ring he deserves. Colts fans are going to see the team we wish we had around Peyton all these years. Watched some youtube videos of Andrew Luck last night and this kid is for real! Its going to be exciting to say the least. But I will never be able to root against peyton