Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gus Bradley as DC?

UKColt13

On 12/19/2016 at 8:35 AM, UKColt13 said:

Would you take Gus Bradley as our defensive co-ordinator in the off-season, knowing what he did in Seattle, and his AFC South experience?

Gus was fired by Jacksonville last night.

I'd stick with Ted. But I'd consider Marvin Lewis if he became available before Bradley or Ryan.

Gimme Ted!   I think we'll be a significantly better defense next year with the addition of some young talent.  We have a number of pretty good pieces in the secondary already between Davis, Butler, Green, Geathers, Melvin.  Add some young talent to that mix and bulk up that front seven and the arrow is pointing upwards.  No need to start from scratch again.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Gimme Ted!   I think we'll be a significantly better defense next year with the addition of some young talent.  We have a number of pretty good pieces in the secondary already between Davis, Butler, Green, Geathers, Melvin.  Add some young talent to that mix and bulk up that front seven and the arrow is pointing upwards.  No need to start from scratch again.

Add four new LB, and it'll be good.

Just now, krunk said:

I'd take him as a DC if we were looking, but I don't see the point in looking.   We are running his defense already.   Stick with the guy we already have in place.

Rex is a blow hard cartoon character who is way overrated, Same goes for his brother.

The problem with Gus Bradley is that he coaches/teachers the 4-3 and we don't have 4-3 personnel.

So, the only way we're highering Bradley is if the GM & HC are fired at the end of the year and the new HC wants to run a 4-3 and they start clearing out old bodies for newer-different bodies.

Good coach.     Wrong fit.

45 minutes ago, James Ducheteau said:

He's beat the Pats a few times, has Chuck?

They've played them tons of times.  Way more than the Colts and have maybe won twice.  No times with the Bills other than when Brady was suspended.  Proof isn't very good.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The problem with Gus Bradley is that he coaches/teachers the 4-3 and we don't have 4-3 personnel.

So, the only way we're highering Bradley is if the GM & HC are fired at the end of the year and the new HC wants to run a 4-3 and they start clearing out old bodies for newer-different bodies.

Good coach.     Wrong fit.

Really?  I'd disagree with that.  I think the majority of the defensive personnel would transition just fine to a 4-3.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I'd take him as a DC if we were looking, but I don't see the point in looking.   We are running his defense already.   Stick with the guy we already have in place.

Agreed. It's the same system in principle while Rex just runs a super-aggressive version of it.

16 minutes ago, Restored said:

Agreed. It's the same system in principle while Rex just runs a super-aggressive version of it.

I think it would be hard for Rex to be aggressive with this 2016 Colts personnel. As the personnel improves I think we'll see Ted turn it up a notch.

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

They've played them tons of times.  Way more than the Colts and have maybe won twice.  No times with the Bills other than when Brady was suspended.  Proof isn't very good.

lol..I know man, I was reaching..but even so He isn't afraid of the pats...and truthfully I think he would do really well in the south. The majority of the time it seems like his teams finish second to the pats, with absolutely no quarterback play. I'd like to see what he could do with a quarterback in a division that isn't  dominated by the Pats.

5 minutes ago, James Ducheteau said:

lol..I know man, I was reaching..but even so He isn't afraid of the pats...and truthfully I think he would do really well in the south. The majority of the time it seems like his teams finish second to the pats, with absolutely no quarterback play. I'd like to see what he could do with a quarterback in a division that isn't  dominated by the Pats.

I don't trust him from an offensive stand point as far as HC goes.  He seems to know nothing about offensive football.  His teams tend to be undisciplined at times.  As far as DC is concerned yeah I'd look at Rex if we didn't already have one of his disciples in place already. Ted seems to be about the details and being disciplined.  I'd like to see what Ted can do with some better personnel.  I can see your angle though.

21 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't trust him from an offensive stand point as far as HC goes.  He seems to know nothing about offensive football.  His teams tend to be undisciplined at times.  As far as DC is concerned yeah I'd look at Rex if we didn't already have one of his disciples in place already. Ted seems to be about the details and being disciplined.  I'd like to see what Ted can do with some better personnel.  I can see your angle though.

All that being true, I still believe he would be the best HC in the south.