Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Inactives @ Minnesota Vikings

TKnight24

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

you don't cut players because they're injured..wouldn't be smart

so you want to pay a dude millions to warm the trainer's bench, not even the game day bench...... the dude has played what, 6  games in 3 years?!  You don't keep guys that are routinely injury prone. They literally do nothing but eat money and oxygen.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

This season isn't over...I don't want to cut him

I didn't mean right this second. However, I must ask, if the dude is injured, whats the point of keeping him around for the next 3 games, IR him(you can't cut injured players anyway), let a young guy that's healthy play and get some expeirence But Jones in no way shape or form should be on the this team next year. 

46 minutes ago, csmopar said:

so you want to pay a dude millions to warm the trainer's bench, not even the game day bench...... the dude has played what, 6  games in 3 years?!  You don't keep guys that are routinely injury prone. They literally do nothing but eat money and oxygen.

I hear ya .. but he did take a pretty sizable pay cut in 2016. From 4.5 base salary to 2.5. But ... we don't know how much he may have earned back as he had a chance to earn some or all back through incentives. Considering the pay cut was negotiated in March and the subsequent 4 game suspension happened in July , I would think he didn't earn any back. 

That all said , a 2.5 salary is not outrageous for a veteran DL. Does he need to contribute more like you say ? Yes but I just thought I would shed a little light on what he actually earned in 2016.