Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In response to Luck holding ball to long....

Indeee

From CBS.com ...

"The Indianapolis Colts were given a grade of C by CBS Sports for their performance in Sunday's 22-17 loss to the Houston Texans.

In giving the Colts a C, analyst John Breech criticized their play calling on the failed fourth-down play of their final drive.

"The Colts' final offensive play was basically a metaphor for their entire season: On fourth-and-1 in the fourth quarter, the Colts baffled everyone by calling a screen," Breech wrote. "After the play failed, Indy turned the ball over on downs, and the Texans ran out the clock. The play was a metaphor because it seemed like no one had any idea what they were doing, which is what the Colts offense has looked like about 75 percent of the time they've been on the field this season."

I concur.  Chud is crud, things need to change.

Along with all the other factors noted I'd think Luck is trying to make things happen a little too much which also compound the problems.

He knows he's got to score almost every possession and I'm sure he's pressing.

I also fault the organization for not going above and beyond to find a guy who will work to Luck's strengths. No Pep nonsense, someone who's proven they know offense. I honestly think an older league retread would help Luck more then a learning on the job OC.

I'm venting perhaps, but even if changing things again is seen as negative I feel like that's the route they have to go. 

I feel like if anything our schemes have 'coached-down' Luck if you get what I'm saying. He's capable of better, but terrible schemes and protection (at times is brutal, regardless of some of their improvements) are slowly bringing him down in terms of his play.

I don't believe Luck has any confidence in any of his WR's to be where they should be except Hilton, and even he isn't nearly as confident in him as Manning was with Harrison.  I don't know if it will just take more time or if if will never come.  Luck has to trust that the guy will be at his spot to throw it before they break like Manning used to.  We can only hope that will occur.