Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This would be a fantastic draft for Colts

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Edge rushers are weak this year.  That's what I read along with OL and WR also not so great. 

I don't know where you read that. It's by far the strongest position group of this draft. 

There will be starting edge rushers being drafted as late as the 3rd and 4th round this year.

9 minutes ago, BCoop said:

I don't know where you read that. It's by far the strongest position group of this draft. 

There will be starting edge rushers being drafted as late as the 3rd and 4th round this year.

Starting edge rushers in the 3rd and 4th round when it is one of the hardest positions to fill?  I don't believe it for a minute.  If it's the strongest position in the draft, which it isn't, the starting caliber players will all go in the first rd.  That's how big the need is.  Our only chance to find a starting ER who can produce is FA which I expect us to do. 

35 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Starting edge rushers in the 3rd and 4th round when it is one of the hardest positions to fill?  I don't believe it for a minute.  If it's the strongest position in the draft, which it isn't, the starting caliber players will all go in the first rd.  That's how big the need is.  Our only chance to find a starting ER who can produce is FA which I expect us to do. 

Which position groups are strongest then in your opinion? It's been fairly unanimous that this is an outstanding draft for Edge Rushers, DB's, and RB's. SI, PFF, and ESPN have all said so. You can look at CBS's early draft rankings as well to see how many guys are in the top 100. There are 15-20 guys that will be drafted in the first 3 rounds at the Edge spot (both 3-4 and 4-3). Some may not be starters Day 1, but there will absolutely be eventual starters drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

SI Position Rankings

PFF

Kiper/McShay Article

2 hours ago, BCoop said:

Which position groups are strongest then in your opinion? It's been fairly unanimous that this is an outstanding draft for Edge Rushers, DB's, and RB's. SI, PFF, and ESPN have all said so. You can look at CBS's early draft rankings as well to see how many guys are in the top 100. There are 15-20 guys that will be drafted in the first 3 rounds at the Edge spot (both 3-4 and 4-3). Some may not be starters Day 1, but there will absolutely be eventual starters drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

SI Position Rankings

PFF

Kiper/McShay Article

I think there will be eventual starters drafted in the 3rd. and 4th rounds but not day 1 starters. A lot of those picks in those rounds eventually earn starting spots and I would hope they would being drafted that high. The groups I have seen are DB's RB's and LB's.  I have read where there are three or four highly coveted ER that will go very early like they usually do, the Bosa types, But everybody else are just your let's hope we hit on this guy prospect.   I think it is a position that gets over drafted every year because there is such a need but many don't work out.  Hard to find a Mathis in the 6th. round now.