Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Colts turn it around and make the playoffs?

RockThatBlue

Will Colts turn it around and make the playoffs?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Will Colts make the playoffs?

22 minutes ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

i would rank this team around 27th in the league right now. That would have to be a huge improvement to make the playoffs IMO! 

I think we are better than any team in our Division, I know we lost to the Jags but it was basically a road game. I think we beat them in Indy. Texans nor the Titans can make a claim to being better, Texans have a 1 game lead but we will see after Sunday? We have the same or a better record as the Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, Chiefs, Bengals, Browns, Giants, Lions, Bears, Bucs, Saints, Panthers, Cards, and 49ers outside of our Division - that is 14 teams I just named no better than us or worse outside of our Division. Overall there are 16 teams total that have the same record as us or worse counting the Jags and Titans, that is half the league.

Correction, Chiefs are 2-2 but you get my point. Basically we are at least as good as half the league is. I am real curious to see what happens Sunday. That will tell me a lot in the direction the team is going.

On October 12, 2016 at 10:09 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we are better than any team in our Division, I know we lost to the Jags but it was basically a road game. I think we beat them in Indy. Texans nor the Titans can make a claim to being better, Texans have a 1 game lead but we will see after Sunday? We have the same or a better record as the Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, Chiefs, Bengals, Browns, Giants, Lions, Bears, Bucs, Saints, Panthers, Cards, and 49ers outside of our Division - that is 14 teams I just named no better than us or worse outside of our Division. Overall there are 16 teams total that have the same record as us or worse counting the Jags and Titans, that is half the league.

Correction, Chiefs are 2-2 but you get my point. Basically we are at least as good as half the league is. I am real curious to see what happens Sunday. That will tell me a lot in the direction the team is going.

Just curious how you feel now? I may have ranked them a little too high at 27 but I'm sticking with it. It's fair to say it's pretty close! 

19 minutes ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Just curious how you feel now? I may have ranked them a little too high at 27 but I'm sticking with it. It's fair to say it's pretty close! 

Considering we blew last nights game I still cant see where people can say without a doubt that the Texans are better than we are. Ok they beat us 26-23 in OT in a game that could've went either way, a game where we were up 14 points late even, so they get the W. It was more due to us choking on Defense than them doing anything special. I think we are Mediocre like I basically Posted saying we are in the middle of the pack in the league. All I did was name off roughly half the league that is playing like we are. I think 27 is too low. Now that we are 2-4 I can see being ranked around 20th or so but 27 is still too low IMO.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Considering we blew last nights game I still cant see where people can say without a doubt that the Texans are better than we are. Ok they beat us 26-23 in OT in a game that could've went either way, a game where we were up 14 points late even, so they get the W. It was more due to us choking on Defense than them doing anything special. I think we are Mediocre like I basically Posted saying we are in the middle of the pack in the league. All I did was name off roughly half the league that is playing like we are. I think 27 is too low. Now that we are 2-4 I can see being ranked around 20th or so but 27 is still too low IMO.

I will add to this, a loss like last night could add a negative affect to the team and we could very well end up something like 6-10 now because that was a very bad/gutwrenching loss.

On 10/12/2016 at 8:20 AM, rockywoj said:

Before last week's game against the Bears, I said for the Colts to have a realistic shot this year, they need to win their next 3 games.  

Won the first of those three in ugly fashion last week, but a win is a win.

I stand by what I said, which means they have to win this week versus Houston and next week versus the Titans.  If they fail to do so, then I just don't see them evolving into a for real playoff contender this year.  

If they do take these next two, though, then after that I think they need to go 2/4 over the next four thereafter (KC, GB, Titans, Steelers) with one of those two wins being over the Titans, thereby sweeping them, and then after that, I think they'd need to win 3 of their final 5, with 2 of those wins being Houston and the Jags (Jets, Texans, Vikes, Raiders, Jags).

Ergo, they would finish 9-7 and win the division.   If they do even better than that, though, then I would think that means they have taken a good step forward during the year and I would be hopeful that they could potentially elevate their game in the playoffs and have a realistic shot to go to the SB. 

Fail to to win this week against the Texans and next week against the Titans, though, and I will be of the opinion that they will at best be pretenders that will most likely fall short finishing anywhere between 6-10 to 8-8.

Go Colts!

Well, they failed to do what I said I thought they needed to do.  A monumental collapse once again brought on by poor decisions, both by the coaching staff and players.  I  hope I am wrong, but I just don't see this crew turning it around this year.  I suppose anything is possible, but I genuinely have now lost faith in this team for this year.

The only way this year's Colts can reinvigorate my expectations for salvaging this year is if their following games end like this ...

W vs Titans

W vs KC

W vs GB

Bye week

W vs Titans

W vs Steelers

W vs Jets

W vs Texans

Do this and I will buy back into the idea that they might be able to make some noise still, this year.  Then close out with this ...

L vs Vikings

W vs Raiders

W vs Jaguars

And I will again be dreaming of the SuperBowl.  Basically, though, if the Colts do not sweep the next three games, thus heading into the bye-week with a 5-4 record, they are done like dinner.  I suspect, though, that they are already now be done like dinner.  I just don't see this team going on a 3-0 run into the bye, turning that into a minimum 6-1 run over their next 7 games.

This is really beginning to remind me of the Colts mid to late 70s.  Pessimism is creeping into my demeanor. 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What bothers me is we played 3 quarters of our best football this season and still came up with an L! This team is horrible especially this defense who are now ranked among the leagues worst. Our record is 2-4 and the only decent team we have played is Denver. Houston is leading the division but they are bad also. We are in last place in the worst division in the league, so 27 is gracious IMO! 

32 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Well, they failed to do what I said I thought they needed to do.  A monumental collapse once again brought on by poor decisions, both by the coaching staff and players.  I  hope I am wrong, but I just don't see this crew turning it around this year.  I suppose anything is possible, but I genuinely have now lost faith in this team for this year.

The only way this year's Colts can reinvigorate my expectations for salvaging this year is if their following games end like this ...

W vs Titans

W vs KC

W vs GB

Bye week

W vs Titans

W vs Steelers

W vs Jets

W vs Texans

Do this and I will buy back into the idea that they might be able to make some noise still, this year.  Then close out with this ...

L vs Vikings

W vs Raiders

W vs Jaguars

And I will again be dreaming of the SuperBowl.  Basically, though, if the Colts do not sweep the next three games, thus heading into the bye-week with a 5-4 record, they are done like dinner.  I suspect, though, that they are already now be done like dinner.  I just don't see this team going on a 3-0 run into the bye, turning that into a minimum 6-1 run over their next 7 games.

This is really beginning to remind me of the Colts mid to late 70s.  Pessimism is creeping into my demeanor. 

I thought we had to beat the Bears, at Texans, and at Titans as well. I think at 2-4 without any tiebreakers as of now we are in huge trouble. We basically have lost to 3 teams that are Mediocre (meaning possible 7-9/8-8 teams) in the Lions, Jags, and Texans, Texans I will say are Above Average but without Watt that puts them in the Mediocre range with teams like the Lions and Jags. Texans possibly could end up 9-7 now after last night. The 4 teams overall that we have lost too didn't even have the better QB either which is just frustrating. Since when can we not finish games? That has always been the one thing Luck has had over any QB/team and now we have lost games by 4, 3, and 3 points because of late 4th Qtr play. Our Defense not being able to get stops isn't Luck's fault but he got outplayed by freakin Brock Osweiler late in the 4th Qtr and in OT. Brock doesn't stink but he is just another Average QB. I can name 20 Starting QB's better than him, I think Bortles is even better in the Division. Regarding people thinking Brock is Good or the real deal, that is silly to make that claim. Until he leads a team deep in the Playoffs as in a Title Game (like Luck has) or SB (like Wilson and Cam) he isn't proven. I seriously doubt the Texans can win a Playoff game without Watt, even with Watt they got destroyed by the Chiefs last season at home 30-0. I am looking at the AFC teams and cant see 1 team the Texans or Colts can beat if they win the Division and make the Playoffs.