Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Season

carmelcolt

I know this is a bit premature and speculative, but i have read alot of posts from fans and articles from national sports writers that agree the Colts may be bad for a few years. I say not so fast.

While i'm not predicting 12 win seasons or playoffs next year, i'm thinking next season may not be as bad as predicted.

The colts still have offensive weapons on the roster and hopefully resign a few thats up. If we had a better QB to get them the ball, the offense may not be as big as a disaster as this year.

Luck (if he's a Colt) has not played a down in the NFL yet, has to be better than what we had last year. He performed amazing at Stanford without a good corp of receivers.

Hopefully our new coaching staff will have a better handle on game management, adjustments throughout the game, etc... Also our schedule will not be a killer next year.

Anyway with all that i can see the Colts maybe going 8-8 next year.......jmo

I can see the colts winning wild card with Luck or if everyone comes back winning the divison becasue we have a lot to prove next year and hopefully the new coaches knock some sense into our guys and we need to give a lot more push when it comes to free agency like the patriots do. We gotta get rid of the next man up thing because most of the time it does not work

I can see the colts winning wild card with Luck or if everyone comes back winning the divison becasue we have a lot to prove next year and hopefully the new coaches knock some sense into our guys and we need to give a lot more push when it comes to free agency like the patriots do. We gotta get rid of the next man up thing because most of the time it does not work

I don't necessarily agree.

The way to go is through the draft, and the next man up.

The only total fail we've seen in this scenario has been the Painter Project, and that one cost us big time.

I do believe we'll hit FA with much more frequency than in the past, but only due to a NEW DIRECTION, and cap space willing.

Once the NEW DIRECTION is obtained, I'm guessing we'll drop back to an 'only when it makes sense' approach to FA.

JMO

I don't necessarily agree.

The way to go is through the draft, and the next man up.

The only total fail we've seen in this scenario has been the Painter Project, and that one cost us big time.

I do believe we'll hit FA with much more frequency than in the past, but only due to a NEW DIRECTION, and cap space willing.

Once the NEW DIRECTION is obtained, I'm guessing we'll drop back to an 'only when it makes sense' approach to FA.

JMO

It cost us a wasted season and a real successor to Peyton :)