Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to "RUIN" a young franchise qb....

bluephantom87

9 minutes ago, Indy B said:

Clearly Jason S, you are the one not keeping up, my response was NOT to the original argument. Let me know if you need more help?

and NCF very clearly said that Grigson failed. No one has disputed that he failed. 

15 hours ago, Indy B said:

All respect to you Tracy, but they are not paid to be 8 and 8, especially in the worst division in the NFL.

Yeah, NO GM/Coach combo is paid to be 8-8...but a number of them wind up at that record or lower anyway...especially when they lose their franchise QB for over half the season. 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Prior to this last draft he only spent 2 day 2 picks on OL and no first rounders.  He only spent money on 1 high priced FA on the OL.  Sure he might have gotten some low priced FA's and some day 3 picks but that doesn't count as trying IMO. 

This is while we are starting often 3 different day 3 picks or UDFA's and Luck is getting clobbered.  

Not only did he fail but IMO he didn't try hard enough.  

The reason we are starting 3 day 3 picks is.....   injuries.

I'm not defending Grigson.    I wanted him gone at the end of last year.

But he's still here, and I'm simply trying to explain that the OP's original argument is false.

But I'm not defending Grigson.      I'm not happy with the line either.

19 hours ago, Indy B said:

All respect to you Tracy, but they are not paid to be 8 and 8, especially in the worst division in the NFL.

When the Colts went 8-8, they did so without Luck for 9 games and forced to go with their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th string quarterbacks.

The fact that we went 8-8 should be viewed as a near heroic effort,  not treated with disgust and disdained.

You go 8-8 in those circumstances and thats EXACTLY what they're paid to do.

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When the Colts went 8-8, they did so without Luck for 9 games and forced to go with their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th string quarterbacks.

The fact that we went 8-8 should be viewed as a near heroic effort,  not treated with disgust and disdained.

You go 8-8 in those circumstances and thats EXACTLY what they're paid to do.

Relax... No disgust or disdain, just merely pointing out the facts that they went 8-8 in the worst division.

26 minutes ago, Indy B said:

Relax... No disgust or disdain, just merely pointing out the facts that they went 8-8 in the worst division.

When you write that way, and not mention no Andrew Luck for 9 games and having to play with all those other QB's.......     it makes me wonder what your real point is?

I think of last season as one of Pagano's best coaching jobs. 

You're not alone in being frustrated and disappointed.     Lots of people here felt that way last year.

I just see it differently.....    we did it with smoke and mirrors and guts and duct tape.     Plus some really good coaching.

17 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

1500 yards, 10 TD's 3 INT's in 5 games.  Sounds pretty ruined to me haha!  I think what they mean is, the front office is ruining him because they aren't putting a reasonable team around him(defense mainly).  That's how I take this topic.

Wasting might be a better word, and I disagree with that, but it at least makes the point better. There's nothing "ruined" about Andrew Luck, though...