Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dear Mr. Polian..

MikeNice

I'm excited about the signings and couldn't ask for any better but if you actually read these threads these are some moves I dream the colts make.

Here's a list of stuff I wish happen.

If it can somehow work make a move to trade for asante Samuel, he gives up depth, leadership and most of all he's a game changer. I'm not sure if he's a mentoring type of guy but if he is that'll be great for some our younger corners.

Alot of people may disagree but if randy moss is in the shape they say he is, be more than a blessing to acquire. No matter what people may think of him he still demands double coverage. With that being said image how more fieldwayne collie, garcon, Gonzalez one however makes the roster have besides he provides depth, imagine peyton throwing to moss scary. It wouldn't hurt to ink him for a 1yr dear at the right price nothing over paying. My other choices would be Jericho cocthery or Steve smith (giants)

My last area of concern is the O-line. I'm excited to see what our new young linemens are going to bring to the table but I still feel like we need a veteran for depth

I'm excited about the signings and couldn't ask for any better but if you actually read these threads these are some moves I dream the colts make.

Here's a list of stuff I wish happen.

If it can somehow work make a move to trade for asante Samuel, he gives up depth, leadership and most of all he's a game changer. I'm not sure if he's a mentoring type of guy but if he is that'll be great for some our younger corners.

Alot of people may disagree but if randy moss is in the shape they say he is, be more than a blessing to acquire. No matter what people may think of him he still demands double coverage. With that being said image how more fieldwayne collie, garcon, Gonzalez one however makes the roster have besides he provides depth, imagine peyton throwing to moss scary. It wouldn't hurt to ink him for a 1yr dear at the right price nothing over paying. My other choices would be Jericho cocthery or Steve smith (giants)

My last area of concern is the O-line. I'm excited to see what our new young linemens are going to bring to the table but I still feel like we need a veteran for depth

In the Tommie Harris thread somebody forwarded the idea he may be part of a "stockpile" for potential trade. That is possibility. With regard to Asante Samuel, he would be a trade situation. I don't know what we have for value in that department as far as his team (or other impact player) is concerned, but if it happened his cap hit for 2011 is about 5M. Interesting.

In the Tommie Harris thread somebody forwarded the idea he may be part of a "stockpile" for potential trade. That is possibility. With regard to Asante Samuel, he would be a trade situation. I don't know what we have for value in that department as far as his team (or other impact player) is concerned, but if it happened his cap hit for 2011 is about 5M. Interesting.

Why would someone trade away a player if they could have just signed these guys in the first place?

Why would someone trade away a player if they could have just signed these guys in the first place?

Could be any number of things. Timing, money, the team making the offer, etc. Trades can be complex, and if the right combination of players + cash and other considerations like draft picks can be put together they might be a fit for ______ (fill in the blank) trade partner. You never know what might sway a team - sudden need because of injury, etc. The thing that's good when viewing possibilites.....is that the Colts have acquired a lot of different position players. Yes, we need help but I'd swap a couple of the these guys for one impact player. That's the only issue I have right now with the decision tree - I'd like to see an impact guy brought in but I understand that can be difficult. Most of what we're seeing is caused by circumstances of this year....the timing. The way this is starting to play out we're adding guys that we can afford who may/may not make a difference for us but could possibly of greater benefit for another team under the right circumstances. It's a bit of "best player available" on what amounts to the second draft board of the year. You just never know where needs/demand will end up. This is very interesting. The other element in this is the compensatory end of things for FAs that leave for other teams. The draft next year could be bananas.....the ones thinking 12 moves ahead could do very well come April.

First of all of we wanted samuels that bad we would just trade a first rounder to philly for him. these signing are what peyton asked for plus all of us fans now all of the haters of polian and irsay can shut there mouths about them not signing people. Thanks Bill and Jim for being Awesome.

First of all of we wanted samuels that bad we would just trade a first rounder to philly for him. these signing are what peyton asked for plus all of us fans now all of the haters of polian and irsay can shut there mouths about them not signing people. Thanks Bill and Jim for being Awesome.

Irsay is given props to Chris, not Bill on the free agents being signed..

Two kinds of people: those that get it and those that don't.

Look dude....I like the pickups as well. Who knows where it all goes or which of these players will even have success here. There are all kinds of potential avenues to go down and I'm glad you're not Colt front office. Why trade a first rounder, for example, when we could potentially get what we need for less. Like I said sometimes it's situational. I guarantee front office looks at all kinds of scenarios, even if YOU haven't considered it or even believe it's part of reality.

Two kinds of people: those that get it and those that don't.

Look dude....I like the pickups as well. Who knows where it all goes or which of these players will even have success here. There are all kinds of potential avenues to go down and I'm glad you're not Colt front office. Why trade a first rounder, for example, when we could potentially get what we need for less. Like I said sometimes it's situational. I guarantee front office looks at all kinds of scenarios, even if YOU haven't considered it or even believe it's part of reality.

I didnt mean that we should do it, I,m just saying that if they wanted to they could, rather than do the sign and trade like everyone was suggesting. I personally want see what kevin thomas has, and also chris rucker, he was good at Michigan state he probably would have been drafted way higher if he didnt have the baggage. we are very young at corner and just need experience.

I didnt mean that we should do it, I,m just saying that if they wanted to they could, rather than do the sign and trade like everyone was suggesting. I personally want see what kevin thomas has, and also chris rucker, he was good at Michigan state he probably would have been drafted way higher if he didnt have the baggage. we are very young at corner and just need experience.

To be honest our CB's is what I'm most worried about besides jaraud. Yea we have young promising corners but come on are we really going to lean on what we have? I'm not saying go get asante even though that would be a dream choice but even a quality veteran corner that can contribute and help our pass defense I'm not sure who's left to even take a look at but maybe a surprise trade no one expect.