Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl Xlvi Commercials And Advertising

LucasOilStadium

NBC has sold out their commercial advertising time for the upcoming Super Bowl XLVI (46) at LOS in Indianapolis on February 5, and there will be a record number of new and first-time sponsors and companies advertising their products and services.

Each sponsor is paying a whopping $3.5 million dollars to NBC to televise their 30-second commercial slot during the big game, and also Super Bowl XLVI will also be televise live online through the NBC Network's live telecast, both on worldwide television, and on live network internet streaming on the worldwide web.

http://superbowlcomm...als.tv/cat/2012

http://www.nytimes.c...dvertisers.html

It is completely insane how much companies are willing to spend to have an ad run during the Super Bowl. I am intrigued each year to see the new round of SB commercials, and while some of them are pretty good I feel that many just try too hard. Does anyone remember that commercial a few years back (don't remember exactly how long ago) when some small town ice cream business won a contest and go to air a commercial for free? I wish they would do something like that every year.

It is completely insane how much companies are willing to spend to have an ad run during the Super Bowl. I am intrigued each year to see the new round of SB commercials, and while some of them are pretty good I feel that many just try too hard. Does anyone remember that commercial a few years back (don't remember exactly how long ago) when some small town ice cream business won a contest and go to air a commercial for free? I wish they would do something like that every year.

I agree, the quality of many of the commercials has gone down