Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Proposed Rule Changes

Cynjin

Wow, no changes to the rules governing what a catch is. On the one hand, given all the resources poured into researching ways to tweak it, that's surprising. On the other hand, it's unsurprising because ultimately, it doesn't matter what the words are, there will be mistakes in the application.

I like the expansion of intentional grounding and ejection proposals. Moving the first down marker is interesting, but I would like to see it in practice first before signing off on it. Maybe put it in the preseason only and treat it like the extra point initiative.

Making all plays, except those already reviewed, reviewable is something I've been hoping for since challenges were instituted. There are too many times that a questionable pass interference call is made that completely changes the complexion of the game, but once it is called it is set in stone. Now there is a second chance. 

4 hours ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

Making all plays, except those already reviewed, reviewable is something I've been hoping for since challenges were instituted. There are too many times that a questionable pass interference call is made that completely changes the complexion of the game, but once it is called it is set in stone. Now there is a second chance. 

I am not too sure about making all plays reviewable. Would it be abused as an excuse to be a timeout? Maybe if a timeout was used as part of the review?