Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck's Knee [Merge]

The recent Sports Illustrated issue that covered the Saints scandal with Jonathan Vilma on the cover also had an article titled "Life After Luck".... and a picture of the 4 Stanford QBs competing as Luck's successor as they drop back to pass.

Every single one of them had the exact same kind of knee brace on their plant leg.

This is a Stanford thing.... not the result of a knee injury to Luck.

It's actually a Jim Harbaugh thing, as all the 49er QBs wear them too.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread should probably be a sticky going forward. Don't know how many times I've heard people worry about Lucks knee, I'm sure it'll be asked again before the draft.

I hope the mods will do that.

You don't know how many people have confused the situation regarding Luck wearing a knee brace.

Even B Polian confused Luck with RG3's torn ACL.

I hope the mods will do that.

You don't know how many people have confused the situation regarding Luck wearing a knee brace.

Even B Polian confused Luck with RG3's torn ACL.

When I first made this thread, I was trying to find somewhere any report of a knee injury to Luck. I couldn't find anything though. I think it's Bill Parcells who makes his offensive linemen wear knee braces in practices to prevent injuries. The linemen hate it because it doesn't feel normal, but it did prevent injuries. Seems like Harbaugh was doing the same thing with Luck. Do you think he keeps it on in the pros? He's played with it his college career, so he is probably used to it now and taking it off would make him uncomfortable...kinda like Rip Hamilton with his mask

When I first made this thread, I was trying to find somewhere any report of a knee injury to Luck. I couldn't find anything though. I think it's Bill Parcells who makes his offensive linemen wear knee braces in practices to prevent injuries. The linemen hate it because it doesn't feel normal, but it did prevent injuries. Seems like Harbaugh was doing the same thing with Luck. Do you think he keeps it on in the pros? He's played with it his college career, so he is probably used to it now and taking it off would make him uncomfortable...kinda like Rip Hamilton with his mask

Yes, I see Harbaugh making Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick wear them too.

I think this is going to be a trend. The Stanford OL wears them as well. DeCastro, Martin and Fleener will probably wear them in the pros.