Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank you #18!

MTC

On March 8, 2016 at 11:02 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The only problem I have really had with Grigs is he has ignored building our O.Line. Yes that is huge because we need to protect #12 but Grigs has made some Great moves, like trading for Vontae, Drafting Luck, Hilton, Allen, Fleener, Moncrief, Parry as well. He also kept Reggie Wayne when he could've released him which paid off in 2012. I think by getting Davis via trade offsets the Trent disaster so that is a wash. Lets see what he does in this Draft before you dump on him.

And that's ironic, because when we brought Grigson in, as a former o-lineman himself, I thought the FIRST thing he would do is address the o-line. It's been an issue plaguing us since the days of Peyton. I still remember all the infamous 3rd & 1's we couldn't convert, or all the quick deliveries Peyton was forced to make, or the times Peyton would literally just fall to the ground to protect himself from taking a hit (smart move imho).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton,

You were the perfect player at the perfect time.

Indy wasn't a sports city before you got here. 

We didn't have a professional team for any sport but the NBA and NFL.

When it comes to the Pacers, we had Reggie Miller, but no championships.  Jordan was always in the way.  And then Ron Artest jumped into the stands in Detroit, and Reggie retired.

We didn't have a major college in the city, although we did have IU Basketball, Notre Dame football, etc. in Indiana.

You WANTED to come to Indy and be the QB for a struggling joke of a franchise.  It's like you knew how much we WANTED/needed you.  You turned it all around, had continued success, and brought a championship to Indianapolis.

And you, sir, did it all with unrivaled class, humility, and professionalism.  You did it the right way.

You were a role model for me in my teens and 20s, and you helped me win countless Madden games. :thmup:

Thank you for every win, every play, every practice, and every Oh-ma-HA!

Sincerely,

The Luckiest Colts Fan

2 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Let's make sure the statue is tall enough so Pats fans don't draw a mustache on it, like you know, this commercial:

peyton-manning-mustache-commercial.jpg

I was about to make a comment regarding an opposing teams fan doing something to it. I could see some drunk Pats fan doing something silly to it, especially if we finally manage to beat them in the Andrew era haha I would have a couple of camera's zooming in on a statue like that.