Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Atlanta (+8.5) @ Carolina (12-13-15)

oldunclemark

1 p .m. EST...Kevin Burkhardt and John Lynch on FOX...Low 70s...over-under 46.5

Since 1970, only 5 teams that have begun the season 5-0 have NOT made the post-season.  Atlanta (6-6) will almost certainly be the 6th if they lose Sunday. Remember when Matt Ryan (316 of 479 yards, 3,481 yards) was Matty Ice??? Its not all his fault. But Ryan has just 17 TD passes in 12 games despite all-pro Julio Jones (102 catches, 1,338 yards, No. 1 in the NFL). Atlanta has scored 32 TDs (Carolina has 43) but the falcons have allowed 3.8 yards per rush. The numbers suggest Atlanta should be better but the Falcons have lost games 24-21, 23-20, 17-16 and 23-19. Carolina QB Cam Newton (218 iof 374, 2,797 yards) is only a 58% passer but he has thrown for 25 TDs and has run 108 times for 476 yards and 7 TDs. TE Greg Olsen need 83 yards receiving to reach 1,000. RB Jonothan Stewart needs 86 yards rushing to reach 1,000. Carolina defense has 32 sacks and 19 pass interceptions, No. 1 in the NFL

I'd sit this one out. The first inclination is to take Atlanta because they move the ball on everyone. But the falcons have lost 5 in a row and it isn't obvious why. Carolina's defense broke down last week but they have won 12 straight, they are at home  and they don't have any serious injuries. I cant figure it. This could be 38-35 but it also could be a Carolina defensive show.  I'd sit back and watch this one

If you want to know why some folks (Iike me) aren't convinced Carolina is a great team...here's why.

CAROLINA (12-0)

20-9 win @ Jax (4-8)

24-17 win over Houston (6-6)

27-22 win over New Orleans  (4-8)

37-23 win @ Tampa (6-6)

27-23 win @ Seattle (7-5)

27-16 win over Philadelphia (5-7)

29-26 OT win over the Colts (6-6)

37-29 win over Green Bay (8-4)

27-10 win @ Tennessee (3-9)

44-16 over Washington (5-7)

33-14 @ Dallas (4-8)

41-38 @ New Orleans (4-8)

12-13 vs Atlanta (6-6)

12-20 at NYGs (5-7)

12-27 at Atlanta (6-6)

1-3-16 vs. Tampa (6-6)

....Now 12-0 is 12-0 and its not easy to win 'em all. Just ask the Golden State Warriors

. But no Denver, No Arizona,. No New England. No Cincinnati. Not even a Kansas City or a Pittsburgh.

a total of 10 games against the NFC East and the NFC South.

the Panthers  still are somewhat unproven, right?

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If you want to know why some folks (Iike me) aren't convinced Carolina is a great team...here's why.

CAROLINA (12-0)

20-9 win @ Jax (4-8)

24-17 win over Houston (6-6)

27-22 win over New Orleans  (4-8)

37-23 win @ Tampa (6-6)

27-23 win @ Seattle (7-5)

27-16 win over Philadelphia (5-7)

29-26 OT win over the Colts (6-6)

37-29 win over Green Bay (8-4)

27-10 win @ Tennessee (3-9)

44-16 over Washington (5-7)

33-14 @ Dallas (4-8)

41-38 @ New Orleans (4-8)

12-13 vs Atlanta (6-6)

12-20 at NYGs (5-7)

12-27 at Atlanta (6-6)

1-3-16 vs. Tampa (6-6)

....Now 12-0 is 12-0 and its not easy to win 'em all. Just ask the Golden State Warriors

. But no Denver, No Arizona,. No New England. No Cincinnati. Not even a Kansas City or a Pittsburgh.

a total of 10 games against the NFC East and the NFC South.

the Panthers  still are somewhat unproven, right?

Even when we played them Luck wasn't healthy and under the old OT rules we would've beat them 26-23.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even when we played them Luck wasn't healthy and under the old OT rules we would've beat them 26-23.

I feel your pain. I really do; they were begging to lose in that game, with the dropped hail mary pass, and how their defense completely was broken down in the 4th quarter by Luck. 

I was very disturbed after that game to see so many fans blaming Luck. He struggled early in the season, but he played his butt off vs the Saints and Panthers, and brought them back in both those games. 

The Colts took them to OT, and the Saints lost to them at the last minute with friggin' Luke McCown at QB. Then last week, we get screwed on the Olson catch where the ball clearly hit the ground. I'm still very bitter about that game, we put up 38 points and lose to bad calls. 

I hate that team. For a 12-0 team, they haven't played anyone yet. I hope they go a full 16-0, and then lose in the first round of the playoffs. Would be HILARIOUS. 

At the end of the day, the Saints and Bucs own our sorry division. We're the only two teams with rings! It better stay that way too come playoff time. If the Panthers wind up playing Seattle, I don't think they'll get past them. As much as I hate the Seahawks, I'd love to see them knock out the Panthers in the first round. 

2 hours ago, Bogie said:

I feel your pain. I really do; they were begging to lose in that game, with the dropped hail mary pass, and how their defense completely was broken down in the 4th quarter by Luck. 

I was very disturbed after that game to see so many fans blaming Luck. He struggled early in the season, but he played his butt off vs the Saints and Panthers, and brought them back in both those games. 

The Colts took them to OT, and the Saints lost to them at the last minute with friggin' Luke McCown at QB. Then last week, we get screwed on the Olson catch where the ball clearly hit the ground. I'm still very bitter about that game, we put up 38 points and lose to bad calls. 

I hate that team. For a 12-0 team, they haven't played anyone yet. I hope they go a full 16-0, and then lose in the first round of the playoffs. Would be HILARIOUS. 

At the end of the day, the Saints and Bucs own our sorry division. We're the only two teams with rings! It better stay that way too come playoff time. If the Panthers wind up playing Seattle, I don't think they'll get past them. As much as I hate the Seahawks, I'd love to see them knock out the Panthers in the first round. 

The panthers won't be playing in the first round