Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One day Griff Whalen may be 'that' guy

indyspeed13

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griff is the best receiver on the team. He's superior route runner that gets open regularly and consistently; unbelievable hands, fights relentlessly for every inch.  Tough as nails; never seen him fazed from a big hit. Blocks in the run game.

T.Y. great route runner w blazing speed, but drops the ball too much; catches it on third down and then runs out of bounds before picking up the first; run blocking is nonexistent.

Moncrief's route running has improved from last year, but still needs a lot of work. He doesn't get open enough against the other teams second best corner.

Dorsett is a rookie, he's got all the talent in the world, but it's going to take time.  Smallish like T.Y., but I think he plays stronger.  

Andre was once the best receiver in the game, but he's at the end simply doesn't separate.  

Carter is on the practice squad for a reason. Plays soft, gets pushed around.  

I don't think that Griff has much chance to be like Wes Welker or Julian Edlemann (sticking with my mandatory white-guy comparisons).  He's not as good as them.  He's not as quick footed.

But he is better than the way he has been used so far since Pep got here.  I hope he sticks and makes a contribution as a situational #4 WR.  There is a place on a 53 man roster for a player like that.

The Griffer keeps showing his value. He just makes catches and picks up a first down or two a game. No he's never going to be Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison or heck even a NFL starter but he is the kind of guy who helps you win championships. He's a solid dependable guy who just makes stuff happen. Not trying to over hype him but he keeps showing why he's on this football team when some many thought others would make it at his expense.