Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Vikings

Jules

Well, once you whip out the shirts......it's serious business.

I won't hold my breath though. It seems like the type of game the Packers get a revival in and then it's back to being NFC champs. So Rodgers can play Brady!!!!! ZOMG :yahoo:

I hope the Vikes can hold on though.

The only time the NE/GB hype bowl would have been interesting would be 2007 when it was Favre's year.

For a while it felt like destiny too, Favre played lights out in 2007 and it felt like he'd go out with Ring #2 against the same team he got Ring #1 against. 

Bloody Champ knows, that 2007 season was awesome. I still have my Favre jersey I bought that year, it's tucked away in the closet sitting next to my Brees one. 

Their Cinderella don't happen either if the Eagles didn't miss those 3 field goals in that game.

Kurt Warner will always be the real Cinderella man. That 1999 Rams team was special.

They don't even make the playoffs if the refs don't take 2 TDs from the Vikings in the regular season game. I can't believe how many people forgot about that game while they can still remember every little detail of The Failmary, the Calvin Johnson catch, etc.

The only time the NE/GB hype bowl would have been interesting would be 2007 when it was Favre's year.

For a while it felt like destiny too, Favre played lights out in 2007 and it felt like he'd go out with Ring #2 against the same team he got Ring #1 against. 

Bloody Champ knows, that 2007 season was awesome. I still have my Favre jersey I bought that year, it's tucked away in the closet sitting next to my Brees one. 

What many people also fail to realize is Eli has been the Packers kryptonite as much as the Pats. He beat Favre in 2007 when the Pack were the #2 seed and then he beat then again in 2011 with Rodgers and the Pack were 15-1.

Well, lucky for you, you are not a Vikings fan! Every opponent we play says the same: "Who have you defeated?" That will continue, as most observers like yourself assess a team's success solely on quarterback play. Well, we are playing as a team and we are winning games. That is all that matters to me. You won't change my mind on that.

the Vikings are good just let them get a few more pieces on O and they will be a contender every year Teddy is a beast and Zimmer is a fantastic coach

The Seahawks game the week before was 1 of Favre's best games ever. It's just overshadowed by the Giants game. It was 0-14 in less than a minute after 2 straight fumbles by the RB, and a blizzard came out of nowhere just after the kickoff. Favre took over and engineered a blowout.

The Giants, while they earned it by not quitting, got a ton of breaks. The Packers destroyed them in the regular season, the Cowboys swept them and of course the Pats beat them. They got 2nd chances and 1 3rd chance against everybody lol!

The Seahawks game the week before was 1 of Favre's best games ever. It's just overshadowed by the Giants game. It was 0-14 in less than a minute after 2 straight fumbles by the RB, and a blizzard came out of nowhere just after the kickoff. Favre took over and engineered a blowout.

The Giants, while they earned it by not quitting, got a ton of breaks. The Packers destroyed them in the regular season, the Cowboys swept them and of course the Pats beat them. They got 2nd chances and 1 3rd chance against everybody lol!

In the 2007 NFCCG, Favre threw one of his hot air balloons right to the Giants which allowed them to come down and kick the game winning FG.

What many people also fail to realize is Eli has been the Packers kryptonite as much as the Pats. He beat Favre in 2007 when the Pack were the #2 seed and then he beat then again in 2011 with Rodgers and the Pack were 15-1.

Oh yeah I remember those games. 

The Packers got incredibly out coached by the Giants in 2007. That game don't even go to Overtime if the Packers would have ran the ball better, and stopped trying to throw it every down.

GB was doomed in 2011 with the 15-1 season. They had the worst ranked defense in the league and were winning those games in shootouts. I remember picking the Giants to beat them based off that alone. 

They don't even make the playoffs if the refs don't take 2 TDs from the Vikings in the regular season game. I can't believe how many people forgot about that game while they can still remember every little detail of The Failmary, the Calvin Johnson catch, etc.

Oh yeah, I remember that game. Favre in Lambeau, pass to the end zone, and the receiver clearly caught it and had both feet down. Vikings got screwed BAD in that game. If Minnesota wins that, GB is 9-7. 

2010 was an odd year for the NFC. The Saints would have had the #1 seed again if Garrett Hartley don't miss that field goal in OT vs Atlanta in week 3. The Falcons were hot garbage that year and would have lost to anyone in the playoffs. That Bears too, also had big issues. Great defense, but the offense was so limited. 

In the 2007 NFCCG, Favre threw one of his hot air balloons right to the Giants which allowed them to come down and kick the game winning FG.

Can't decide which way to run with this bait...do I go over the game itself? Like how the int was the only thing that hadn't happened to the Packers by OT? Grant failed to show up (again), Harris got owned, and the muffed punt. I would have thought that certain people blaming the Packer's special teams for losing games all by themselves lately would have remembered that play.

Or do I just throw my hands up and be like...a Pats fan...making fun of losing to the Giants. A Pats fan. Making fun. Of losing. To. The. Giants. In 2007 even.

Oh yeah, I remember that game. Favre in Lambeau, pass to the end zone, and the receiver clearly caught it and had both feet down. Vikings got screwed BAD in that game. If Minnesota wins that, GB is 9-7.

2010 was an odd year for the NFC. The Saints would have had the #1 seed again if Garrett Hartley don't miss that field goal in OT vs Atlanta in week 3. The Falcons were hot garbage that year and would have lost to anyone in the playoffs. That Bears too, also had big issues. Great defense, but the offense was so limited.

It triggered the closest thing to a postgame meltdown that Childress ever had. It wasn't quite up there with Mora but he got fined a 5 digit sum of $$$ for blasting the league and the officials, and this was a guy who didn't lose his cool during the Bounty Bowl.

And I don't remember the entire playoff picture, but I think the Packers were also out if the Calvin Johnson catch was called a catch.

It triggered the closest thing to a postgame meltdown that Childress ever had. It wasn't quite up there with Mora but he got fined a 5 digit sum of $$$ for blasting the league and the officials, and this was a guy who didn't lose his cool during the Bounty Bowl.

And I don't remember the entire playoff picture, but I think the Packers were also out if the Calvin Johnson catch was called a catch.

The Bears are out as the #2 seed I think, if that catch was ruled.

2010 was such a bizzarro year. I've often wanted to write a summary for it. The NFC was so messed up. 

Oh yeah I remember those games. 

The Packers got incredibly out coached by the Giants in 2007. That game don't even go to Overtime if the Packers would have ran the ball better, and stopped trying to throw it every down.

GB was doomed in 2011 with the 15-1 season. They had the worst ranked defense in the league and were winning those games in shootouts. I remember picking the Giants to beat them based off that alone. 

No coach was going to tell Favre not to throw it on every down. But you are right. It was sub zero temps to the point that receivers had to come out of the game because the cold air were killing their lungs and there is Favre chucking it all over the place like it was a warm summer day. His pick at the end was classic Favre at the end of playoff games. Just heaving it up to no one and giving the ball to the Giants on the 39 for the game winning kick in OT.

Can't decide which way to run with this bait...do I go over the game itself? Like how the int was the only thing that hadn't happened to the Packers by OT? Grant failed to show up (again), Harris got owned, and the muffed punt. I would have thought that certain people blaming the Packer's special teams for losing games all by themselves lately would have remembered that play.

Or do I just throw my hands up and be like...a Pats fan...making fun of losing to the Giants. A Pats fan. Making fun. Of losing. To. The. Giants. In 2007 even.

image.gif?w=500&c=1

Let's see if we could beat Green Bay next week. If we do, many will say that it means nothing, as we would have defeated a slumping team.

Quote:

Florio’s take: As the Vikings prepared to face the Rams, folks said, “Win this one, and we’ll believe in you.” Then, after beating the Rams and preparing to face the Raiders, folks said, “Win this one, and we’ll believe in you.” Now, as the Vikings prepare to face the Packers after bearing the Raiders, folks are saying, “Win this one, and we’ll believe in you.” Come Monday, folks will say, “Well, the Packers stink now, anyway.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/pfts-week-11-picks-6/

Quote:

Florio’s take: As the Vikings prepared to face the Rams, folks said, “Win this one, and we’ll believe in you.” Then, after beating the Rams and preparing to face the Raiders, folks said, “Win this one, and we’ll believe in you.” Now, as the Vikings prepare to face the Packers after bearing the Raiders, folks are saying, “Win this one, and we’ll believe in you.” Come Monday, folks will say, “Well, the Packers stink now, anyway.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/pfts-week-11-picks-6/

For an up and coming team like the Vikes that will be the case all year until they win North which I believe they can. It is fair to say GB is slumping as they are but that does not mean the Vikes are not playing great football themselves. But such is the media. If they don't draw the Panthers right away in the post-season, I think they can make some noise.