Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Team is in Worse Shape - Dallas or Philly?

amfootball

Dallas lost to winless NO last night and Philly lost to the Redskins.

For Dallas, last night's game was probably their most winnable since Romo went down as they have the Pats, Giants and Seattle coming up. Given they already lost to Atlanta two weeks ago, the chances of them going .500 until Romo comes back looks slim.

For Philly, they are in last place and lost to the Redskins which lands the Eagles in sole possession of last place. Bradford had a nice game with 3 TDs but the Eagles defense was terrible. Not sure what the fix is there but their next few games are against NO, Giants, Carolina.

So who is in worse shape? Hard to believe the Giants and Redskins look like the teams are on the upswing right now.

Philly. . .  Especially in the long term.

Dallas has lost it's games without it's star WR and it's starting QB.  Most teams have a hard time winning without their starting QB.  Prior to that they won all the games Romo started.

Philly has been losing these games with it's team at full strength.  

The loss of Romo may cost Dallas the playoffs this year, but there is no reason he and Dez can't come back next year and be winners again.  

Philly just had it's personnel upended by the big headed Chip Kelly and it turns out that all of Chip Kelly's moves that looked insane and stupid . . . actually where insane and stupid.  If he doesn't turn things around quick he's gonna get fired.   

Philly. . .  Especially in the long term.

Dallas has lost it's games without it's star WR and it's starting QB.  Most teams have a hard time winning without their starting QB.  Prior to that they won all the games Romo started.

Philly has been losing these games with it's team at full strength.  

The loss of Romo may cost Dallas the playoffs this year, but there is no reason he and Dez can't come back next year and be winners again.  

Philly just had it's personnel upended by the big headed Chip Kelly and it turns out that all of Chip Kelly's moves that looked insane and stupid . . . actually where insane and stupid.  If he doesn't turn things around quick he's gonna get fired.   

Good points. Philly it seems just does not have enough talent. Kelly misjudged thinking his scheme would be good enough without the star power.

Good points. Philly it seems just does not have enough talent. Kelly misjudged thinking his scheme would be good enough without the star power.

I don't even think his scheme is all that inventive or different.  The most different thing to me is that he runs the hurry up offense nearly all of the time.  Which that has advantages and disadvantages to it.  

I'm starting to get the impression that Kelly has a big head.  In his mind I think he believed that he won through his own coaching genius when in actuality he won by just having good teams.  Phil Knight made sure that he had top rate facilities in Oregon so he had no problems recruiting the best players.  Then in Philly he hit on a decent QB in Foles (that Reid drafted) and had a pretty good team around him (All brought in by Reid).  But he took over personnel (mostly because the media had been fawning all over his scheme and it convinced the owner the Kelly is a genius and should be in charge of everything.)  Then he de-constructed Reid's team and it turns out, it's not very good.

Turns out he's just a ordinary HC who's consistently had better teams then his opponents in most cases.

Philly, Dallas has still somewhat been in the last two games.  I think the Giants win the division though.  Philly gave Chip to much power.  Trade DeSean and LeSean for no bodys, trade Foles for Bradford(I believe Foles is a tiny bit better and his contract is way cheaper) and they just let Maclin walk.  I really don't understand the logic on his roster moves.  Murray is also not a good fit. 

Philly, Dallas has still somewhat been in the last two games.  I think the Giants win the division though.  Philly gave Chip to much power.  Trade DeSean and LeSean for no bodys, trade Foles for Bradford(I believe Foles is a tiny bit better and his contract is way cheaper) and they just let Maclin walk.  I really don't understand the logic on his roster moves.  Murray is also not a good fit. 

Desean Jackson was released.  But that was before Kelly took control over there.  So we can't necessarily pin that on him.

Not to mention the release of Evan Mathis as well.  

Turns out all of Kelly's moves that looked bad actually where bad moves.

Easily Philly. 

Dallas had an 18 point lead on Atlanta, and make no mistake about last night; Romo plays that game, we lose. Last night was a great fun game that will go down as a Saints classic, but no way we win if Romo was out there. 

Philly all around is a bad team and I don't know why the media hypes them up every year. Chip Kelly was touted as a 'genius' though his best record has been 10-6 which resulted in a first round playoff exit in 2013, and last year that team was a mess in clutch games. The genius got rid of their franchise quarterback, who is probably going to get injured in a few more weeks at St Louis since he's under such poor protection.