Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watt Fined For Hit On Orlovsky

GoColts8818

http://espn.go.com/n...cinnati-bengals

Again hate the rule not that the refs threw the flag.

agreed. some of the rules are getting out oh hand.

if you want to stop the hits with helmets, take some of the protection out of the helmets. if it hurts to hit people with your helmet, players won't hit opponents with it. the helmets are too well protected and players don't realize the consequences of hitting with it. it's a simple solution that will never happen.

with all of these fines and all this money leaving the players pay, where does the money go?

That's a really good question. I had not thought about it before but it got me curious enough I ran a search. Here's what I found:

All on field fine money collected by the NFL is used for charitable purposes. These funds have been used to support retired player programs, including the NFL Player Care Foundation and NFLPA Players Assistance Trust; disaster relief initiatives; and health-related charities.

http://www.sportsgee...coach-is-fined/

I am all for protecting the players, but things are really getting kind of ridiculous. Defensive players are going to be scared to hit anyone before long, and big hits are part of what makes football great. I just wish there was some way that we can take steps to protect players from concussions without taking so much away from the game. Perhaps some type of new equipmet? I dunno...

Well, Watt had flags thrown more than once that game. Heres my question.. was it the helmet to helmet hit or the hitting the qb knees.. aka Brady rule or both that got him fined?

Watt was pretty agressive that game.

They said it was for the hit on Orlovsky so I think it was the Brady rule that got him fined.

Interesting note Bethea was not in the story so I guess that means he didn't get fined for his flag.

I am all for protecting the players, but things are really getting kind of ridiculous. Defensive players are going to be scared to hit anyone before long, and big hits are part of what makes football great. I just wish there was some way that we can take steps to protect players from concussions without taking so much away from the game. Perhaps some type of new equipmet? I dunno...

Football was great before guys started trying to hit instead of tackle. Now they will have to learn how to tackle again, instead of worrying about lighting a guy up.

It will mean less injuries on both sides of the ball, and will be no less entertaining.

Football was great before guys started trying to hit instead of tackle. Now they will have to learn how to tackle again, instead of worrying about lighting a guy up.

It will mean less injuries on both sides of the ball, and will be no less entertaining.

I always thought that was part of Bob Sanders problem, he would launch himself into a guy and get a huge hit. I think that helped lead to some of his injuries. That's one thing I really like about guys like Bethea and Angerer they are both very solid tacklers more than they are hitters.