Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Tailgating in Buffalo

coltsleafs

Was wondering if any Colts fans are tailgating in Buffalo wouldn't mind getting together with other colts fans there. 

I'll be at the game-counting down the days!! Never been out there so have no idea where to tailgate.

That's rad that you guys are heading to Buffalo for the game. I always imagined it as being a really cool football town, plus I've always wanted to see what authentic "Buffalo Wings" are really all about. Everybody I know that has been to or is from that area basically says wings suck everywhere else.

That's rad that you guys are heading to Buffalo for the game. I always imagined it as being a really cool football town, plus I've always wanted to see what authentic "Buffalo Wings" are really all about. Everybody I know that has been to or is from that area basically says wings suck everywhere else.

Closest stadium to me actually being from Canada in all lol. I went in 2009 in the freezing cold snow game to watch Curtis Painter  haha . I think me an a group of friends are gonna rent an RV this year and stay in the camper lot you can park in the Camper lot starting at 8AM Saturday monring lol

Closest stadium to me actually being from Canada in all lol. I went in 2009 in the freezing cold snow game to watch Curtis Painter  haha . I think me an a group of friends are gonna rent an RV this year and stay in the camper lot you can park in the Camper lot starting at 8AM Saturday monring lol

Might as well make a weekend out of it!

There may be several of us Colts fans near Rochester NY going. We dont have tickets yet. Will keep you posted.

I lived in and around Rochester for 30 years. I used to go to The Distillery on Mt. Hope Ave. for the games. A great sports bar with tons of TV's. We used to have a pretty good sized Colts following that would show up there every week. Check it out if you haven't already. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is my 9th year with season tickets for the bills been to about 75 games. You guys will have a blast tailgating, its one of the best in the league. Parking shouldnt be a huge issue because the stadium is located in a suburb of Buffalo so there is parking everywhere, the main lots are a pain in the butt to get out of. We park at a persons house right across from lot 1. The opposing team buses drive right past us to get into the stadium. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask

bufffan92 thank you for that perspective - we appreciate it!

On a different note, I just noticed that weather.com is predicting rain for tomorrow - what effect might that have on taligating and/or watching the game?

from what ive been hearing its suppose to clear up before kickoff & be mostly overcast. As for tailgating weather has always had zero effect on it, actually the rv lot today was sold out by 10am, campers were waiting in line since 3am to get a spot. The only thing us bills fans love as much as our team its tailgating

Go to the Anchor bar. You will love Buffalo tailgating, a huge college like party.

We pulled out of my friend's driveway from southern Mississauga at about 8:45, were to the Fort Erie bridge by about 9:56, through security in 4 minutes and in a parking lot at that community college maybe 35 minutes later.  Really - less than 2 hours from Mississauga to the parking lot.  The Bills fans were awesome - I totally enjoyed the friendly ribbing, i.e "Are you lost?"  "The colts suck!" "what'd you think of that?"  After the Bills' scores the Bills fans would turn around to shake my hand and I was like yeah yeah yeah :).

Nice old-school stadium.  I was just at AT&T Stadium in Arlington TX which of course is totally modernized and has all kinds of restaurants, stores etc. Whereas Ralph Wilson stadium just has basic concession stands with typical football food like nachos, pizza, hotdogs, cheesesteaks etc.  Not a lot of flair, just football.  It was my friend's first NFL game and he was really glad he went.  His favorite part was hearing how loud it got when the Colts O was on the field or when the Bills made a big play.

I have to admit, we left with 5 minutes to go to beat the traffic (ban me).  But we got out easily.

Other than the Colts getting spanked, we couldn't have had a better time.

I have now been to 7 stadiums including the game where the NOLA saints beat the crap out of our Curtis Painter led Colts. My experience of today's Buffalo crowd was pretty low. Too much alcohol + too much ignorance = atrocious behavior. At least three Bills fans were ejected by security during separate events in our section alone. Just wow!!

I have now been to 7 stadiums including the game where the NOLA saints beat the crap out of our Curtis Painter led Colts. My experience of today's Buffalo crowd was pretty low. Too much alcohol + too much ignorance = atrocious behavior. At least three Bills fans were ejected by security during separate events in our section alone. Just wow!!

Really?  Wow - what section were you in?  Maybe we were just lucky, in our section we barely even heard any foul language.

I had a really good experience tailgating all weekend in the RV lot and at the game. The fans were surprisingly very kind to me all weekend long despite the fact I was decked out in colts gear all weekend lol. Saturday night there was a bit of a damper though I don't know if any of you heard but in the RV lot a man committed suicide by shooting himself. About a 100 cruisers showed up I had no idea what was going on so I was pretty frightened. All in all the tailgating experience was great despite terrible weather and being treated to a dud of a game lol

DRColtsFan I can't believe I didn't make this connection sooner, but if you're who I think you are, I took a picture with you about an hour before the game :). One of your part of 4 was wearing a blue tutu and hose, right?

Yep that was us! Good to meet ya! I'm glad you had a better experience than us.