Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Isaiah Battle goes to St. Louis in 5th round of Supplemental Draft

Yet, they continue to be mediocre, at best. Continues to reinforce two things in my mind:

1) You have to have a QB, bottom line.

2) Jeff Fisher is very overrated.

I think option #1 is the biggest thing that has held St Louis back.  Fisher was pretty decent with Mcnair and even some points with Kerry Collins.  I thought he did okay with Vince Young the first year and then the relationship declined from there.  I think Fisher is a pretty decent coach but not upper echelon of course.  I'm not sure how far he's going to get with Foles, but it should be an upgrade over some of the other Bums they've had at qb in St Louis.  If Foles turns out alright and Gurley stays healthy I think they'll be more productive this year than usual.

I think option #1 is the biggest thing that has held St Louis back.  Fisher was pretty decent with Mcnair and even some points with Kerry Collins.  I thought he did okay with Vince Young the first year and then the relationship declined from there.  I think Fisher is a pretty decent coach but not upper echelon of course.  I'm not sure how far he's going to get with Foles, but it should be an upgrade over some of the other Bums they've had at qb in St Louis.  If Foles turns out alright and Gurley stays healthy I think they'll be more productive this year than usual.

Fisher is often hailed as one of the great coaches of the last couple decades. His record doesn't support the credit he gets, and while he has been QB challenged, there are other good coaches who have had success with mediocre QBing, and others who get mediocre QBs to play better. For me, Fisher is somewhere below Andy Reid and Marvin Lewis, in the neighborhood of Rex Ryan, Ken Whisenhunt, Ron Rivera... He hasn't had an above .500 team since 2008, and since then, his teams have averaged less than 7 wins/year. In the last 10 years, he's had two season above .500. 

I don't hate him, don't think he's terrible. Just terribly overrated.

Fisher is often hailed as one of the great coaches of the last couple decades. His record doesn't support the credit he gets, and while he has been QB challenged, there are other good coaches who have had success with mediocre QBing, and others who get mediocre QBs to play better. For me, Fisher is somewhere below Andy Reid and Marvin Lewis, in the neighborhood of Rex Ryan, Ken Whisenhunt, Ron Rivera... He hasn't had an above .500 team since 2008, and since then, his teams have averaged less than 7 wins/year. In the last 10 years, he's had two season above .500. 

I don't hate him, don't think he's terrible. Just terribly overrated.

Seems like he always pulls something "legal"(not to be confused with the antics you get from New England) out of his hat at unexpected times trick plays or on side kicks ,lots of things that make the game more exciting

Seems like he always pulls something "legal"(not to be confused with the antics you get from New England) out of his hat at unexpected times trick plays or on side kicks ,lots of things that make the game more exciting

Like not kicking off to Peyton Manning in 2004, instead trying to use the onside kick? The Colts scored 51 points that day. I don't see why he should get credit for things that seem to make the game more exciting if his team still gets curb stomped in the process.

Like not kicking off to Peyton Manning in 2004, instead trying to use the onside kick? The Colts scored 51 points that day. I don't see why he should get credit for things that seem to make the game more exciting if his team still gets curb stomped in the process.

I think he has gotten better since then along with more talent. I enjoy the the thrill of wondering if he is going to punt or fake it .I think he adds another dimension .