Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints Wr Colston Scheduled To Become Free Agent In 2012

bap1331

Lol yeah I hear you. I feel like that's because Indy has such a team-based atmosphere.... lot of professional guys here which is one of the biggest reasons I'm a fan. Arguably the only loud mouth on the team is Wayne, and he's mild compared to the likes of TO or Ocho Sucko

Lol yeah I hear you. I feel like that's because Indy has such a team-based atmosphere.... lot of professional guys here which is one of the biggest reasons I'm a fan. Arguably the only loud mouth on the team is Wayne, and he's mild compared to the likes of TO or Ocho Sucko

i agree. One of the best things i like about this team is the way we just keep things cool without bragging. A win is a win and on to the next game. And its not just the fans but the players too.

I found it so irritating that the Saints players and fans rubbed their Super Bowl win all over us. They won and thats it. They still brag about it today!

The Patriots seem to like older FAs with oddball career paths who buy in to the concept of a last chance at a championship - kind of like the Yankees (the thought of Wade Boggs riding around Yankee stadium on a horse like he was a conquering hero after spending his entire career with the Red Sox was galling to me - and I don't care about either team).

The Colts obviously put the emphasis on character - which I wholeheartedly support - but I don't think that there have been too many home-town discounts. A lot of our "kept" players are very well paid. I doubt that the Patriots have had too many discounts either. If someone takes less money to stay with a winning franchise it's usually because they think that it will provide them with more of an opportunity for success (and money) down the road - such as when Reggie decided to stay with the Colts as #2 WR when he could have been "the star" elsewhere. He knew which side his bread was Peytoned on.