Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Funk's Mock Draft 3.0 (Final) with 53-man Roster

1. Marcus Peters (CB)- Attitude concerns aside, of the cornerbacks that fit our scheme, I think Peters has the best chance at being a pro-bowler some day.

2. Stephone Anothony (ILB)- Yeah, he might not be there, but there are other ILBs I like who are 1-2 round talents, and I have a hard time believing one of them won't fall to us. I'd like us to draft a high-upside, versatile ILB and since I don't like the options outside of our 2nd round pick, I took one here.

3. Henry Anderson (DE)- The coaches don't seem as concerned as some of us about the state of our D-Line, and I'm not so sure it's dire for us to take one early either. However, I like Anderson, and I think the need of depth at DE is greater than the need of depth at NT. I'd also love a running back at this spot, I feel pretty confident one of the "top" guys will fall here. Either of the Johnsons or Abdullah would be just swell.

4. Ibrahim Campbell (S)- I'm confident one of the safeties I like will fall to us in the 4th. I also like Geathers, Amos, and Smith. It's another position of pretty high need, but between our free agent additions and the coaches/GM talking up the guys we already have on the roster, I'm fine searching for value in the later rounds.

5. John Crockett (RB)- Smaller school prospect with the look and size of an NFL workhorse back. Without us getting one of the "Top" running backs going in the first 3 rounds, I think Crockett offers everything we'd want out of the alternative.

6a. Terry Williams (DT)- Like I said, I don't think the need at NT is as high as the need at DE, but getting Williams in the 6th would be stellar. The guys seems to have tremendous upside and would offer a nice option to compete for a starting job.

6b. Shaq Mason (OG)- It'd be cool if Darrius Miller (OT) is still here too, but I prefer Mason as an individual prospect. I've been thinking a bit about our supposed "lack of OT depth" situation, and remembered that Mewhort can play any position. I think if Cherilus doesn't work out, getting a suitable OG replacement after Mewhort kicks out to RT would be a perfectly fine option to me.

7a. Deshazor Everett (CB)- He's actually pretty good defending the run, but needs plenty of work in coverage. If he can play above what people think his coverage skills are at her can perhaps make it as competent back-up and special teams player as early as this year. Otherwise I think he gets stashed on the practice squad and gets more time to develop.

7b. Markus Rush (OLB)- I'm fine with Walden and Cole starting while Mathis continues to rehab. Newsome showed a lot for me to feel optimistic about him. I looked Werner actually looked improved going into the start of the season whereupon he vanished into thin air. We also have Adongo as a nice x factor. I feel that the OLB is fine going into next year, as long as we get some more camp bodies in there to create competition and improve our young depth.

OFFENSE

QB: Luck, Hasselbeck

RB: Gore, Crockett, Herron, Cribbs

WR1: Hilton, Moncrief, Brown

WR2: Johnson, Carter

TE: Fleener, Allen, Doyle

LT: Castonzo, Reitz,

LG: Mewhort, Mason, Thomas

C: Holmes, Harrison

RG: Thorton, Herremans

RT: Cherilus, John

DEFENSE

LE: Jones, Anderson

NT: Williams, Chapman, Kerr

RE: Langford, Hughes

LOLB: Walden, Newsome, Werner

LILB: Anthony, Jackson
RILB: Freeman, Irving

ROLB: Cole, Mathis

LCB: Peters, Toler, Gordy

RCB: Davis, Butler,

FS: Adams, Lowery

SS: Campbell, McDonald

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Vinatieri

P: McAfee

LS: Overton

Kribbs does KR duties (somewhat to my dismay). Other than Whalen and Lenz, who else on our roster can handle KR duties?

ROUGH PRACTIVE SQUAD PROJECTION (because I'm not researching who's eligible and who's not)

1. UDFA (QB)

2. Winston Guy (S)

3. Deshazor Everett (CB)

4. Markus Rush (OLB)

5. Daniel Adongo (OLB)

6. Henoc Muamba (ILB)

7. Some O-Lineman xD

8. Eric Swoope (TE)

9. Zurlon Tipton (RB)

10. Josh Lenz (WR)

Conclusion:

On offense we get a running back to pair with Gore, and with a little luck, our future starter at RB. We also get a little more depth at the inside of our O-line so that we can perhaps afford to move someone like Mewhort to RT now or in the near future. There's a few WRs in the draft I like (Tre' McBride, Austin Hill), but I'm fine going into this season with who we've got. On defense we get 4 starters and a solid rotational D-lineman. Our secondary goes into the season looking fantastic, our D-line looks a bit more formidable, our LBs get better with the additions Cole, Anthony, and Irving. I think overall we improve from last season, by getting better running backs with more oline depth, getting more guys geared towards run defense on the d-line, and at LB we're more prepared to handle the elite offenses in the league. My only concern with this draft it doesn't have as many immediate impact players as I'm sure I could find in this draft, but I still think it's got enough impact to make us better this year while also getting us a lot of young guys to be the backbone of our defense for the next several years.

i'm definitely warming up to marcus peters while i would prefer kevin johnson out of wake forest i think he won't be available when we pick if peters is there i would consider it. Anthony is a great pick Anderson and Campbell as well. Crockett intrigues me as a late round RB ive had him in my mock before overall very good job i like it alot

That is a heck of a draft there. I would be very happy if this happened. I guess my problem is idk if I think Anderson will be there in the 3rd round or Campbell in the 4th. I believe the rest of the draft is possible. Nice mock.

I don't think Anthony, Campbell or Anderson will be there, but boy if they were this would be one heck of a draft.

Right. There is definitely a bit of a in-a-best-case-scenario theme to this draft, but as stated in the mock, I'm confident someone I like at the same position will almost certainly be there if not these guys. That being said, from many sources I've checked, I see no reason these guys can't go where I've projected them, I just doubt we're lucky for all of them to fall to us. :goodluck:

i'm definitely warming up to marcus peters while i would prefer kevin johnson out of wake forest i think he won't be available when we pick if peters is there i would consider it. Anthony is a great pick Anderson and Campbell as well. Crockett intrigues me as a late round RB ive had him in my mock before overall very good job i like it alot

I really like Kevin Johnson too, just a little less than Peters, though. Would be happy if we took him.

This is a really good draft. Campbell has been on the rise recently. I'd plug in Amos in the 4th and forgo a rb in the 5th and pick up Geathers additionally. Without drafting a rb I'd look into bringing back Bradshaw to split carries with Gore and have Herron replace Bradshaw when he eventually get injured.  I'd also rather have Dexter McDonald late if he's available. But overall a good mock and would fill a lot of holes.