Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comparable Trade Back - Demarious Randall

Last year the Seahawks Traded back twice from 32 to 45 to select Paul Richardson and netted 2 picks in the top half of the 4th, a 7th and yielded their 5th.

If the Colts like Randall well enough to draft in the middle of the second, and believe he won't last to 61, is this enough to gain for moving back from 29 to 42 or so?  

Personally, it doesn't feel like the Seahawks got enough, I'd want more, but that was the market.  

The deal seems fine. The question is whether any of the 13 selections between 29 and 42 are better for us than Randall. Depending on the board, I think it's likely. I also think Randall could last to 61, although that notion is becoming less popular every day.

I think we'd get more bang for our buck trading up for a starting level OL.

The deal seems fine. The question is whether any of the 13 selections between 29 and 42 are better for us than Randall. Depending on the board, I think it's likely. I also think Randall could last to 61, although that notion is becoming less popular every day.

I think we'd get more bang for our buck trading up for a starting level OL.

No argument on any of that, just intrigued by the scenario.  Similar player projection in draft value to Paul Richardson and similar starting point in our first round position.  

I feel similarly that I wouldn't give up the 13 spots so early - especially with what might be on the board this year.  Furthermore, I don't really believe the hype and I'll bet our interest in Randall is purely from our original round 2 position and beyond.