Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats tag kicker Gostkowski, not McCourty (merge)

Andrew Luck's Beard

Yes that is possible too. The other thing is they have other contracts to think about as well next year with Hightower and Jones although they could do the 5th year option on both. The issue with not signing McCourty is the safety FA market is thin with no one close to his caliber and the draft is thin as well. He has stated that he wants to retire a Patriot so I am hopeful they can come to an agreement. But you are right. Who knows what they will do. I can never understand the cap and all the ways contracts can be worked and manipulated. I am glad posters like you and Superman are here to help break some of that stuff down when contracts are signed.

I wouldn't mind parting ways with Jones, he hasn't impressed me much...he needs to be better at covering the edges, we got burned few times because of him.

Now, back to topic, I would want to keep Devin McCourty with the team more than Revis, I would love to keep them both, but these days its very hard to find a good safety that can cover.

I feel comfortable at our corner back position, they all played well the whole season.