Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 team trade coming...

I remember this one from a few years ago... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/19/three-way-trade-sends-tony-scheffler-to-detroit-ernie-sims-to-philly/

I think little ones like this happen every once in a while but I can't think of any blockbusters.

I don't remember that one. I was always fuzzy on the Dickerson details, but I think I'll remember them now.

This whole scenario is based on info being leaked in the media. My take was this:

Eagles want to move up to 2 to get Mariotta. Titans want a lot. So Philly was willing to give up Foles and McCoy and next years first to do this. Titans though want more and really doesn't want McCoy as they really do like sanky for whatever reason, so the Colts jump in. Colts want/need a back. Philly doesn't want McCoy at current deal he has. we would take McCoy and eventually restructure, but in order to make this happen we need to send our first to the Titans. titans (a team in rebuild) now gets a starting QB in Foles, 2 number one picks this year and a 1 next year. we also ship TRich as part of the deal in order to avoid NFLPA action based on tRich girlfriend preggo stuff and Titans agree as all they want is an additional 1st round pick. If TRich workds for them so be it, if not no biggie. TRichs salary is manageable.

That's my thinking of why this would work. Ultimately we are getting rid of a headache and gaining a great RB who just may need a change of scenery at this point. An RB who knows Griggs and wouldn't cost us as much as a Murray or AP

If Grigson wants to lose his job... this is how he does it... with STYLE!