Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any news on Reggies retirement

12isthenew18

Colts are trying to get to the Super Bowl.  At this point in Reggie's career, the Colts would be more formidable with Brandon Marshall or Andre Johnson as the #2 behind T.Y. as opposed to Reggie.  Wayne may still be able to play a little but at 36 (37 when the season starts) it is doubtful he will be the same guy we've been privileged to watch for so many years.  Reggie's greatest value right now is sentimental...if he returns he could actually hold us back from getting better.  I am hoping he retires gracefully and helps the franchise in another capacity.

A very fair minded & objective post here CM1788. You pinpointed the dilemma here perfectly: Sentimentality vs production. Look, I love Reggie & everything he has meant to the Colts, but careers can't last forever & the best players know when it's time to pursue other interests. Father time is never wrong. 

I dont see why he wouldnt just check his resume. He paved his own way with and without Harrison.

In all honesty much respect to Peyton Manning but i personally think that Marvin, Reggie, Clark, etc made Peyton Manning and he's without a question 1st ballot hall of famer so i dont see why Marvin wasn't and Reggie won't.

There are a ton of great WR's and almost none of them were first ballot Hall of Famers.

Just recently, Cris Carter,  Tim Brown and Andre Reed.    None on the first ballot.    Not even close.

Marvin wasn't and Reggie won't be.    Doesn't mean they're not great.    They're just not first ballot great.

First ballot is reserved for the best of the best.   Few get that honor.    Peyton will get that.