Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adrian Peterson rumors, link to Colts (merge)

bap1331

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year there was reports about him possibly wanting to go to Dallas. If he is to go to another team, something tells me that's where he would go even though I believe Dallas would be nuts to sign him over Murray. He's over 30, and most backs start to decline over the age of 30. 

I was hoping the team could work something out and have Peterson return to the Vikings but despite the GM saying that he has had good dialogue with Peterson, it seems they want him off the team.

QUOTE from Vikings Territory:

Multiple sources have confirmed to me that the Minnesota Vikings are working as hard as they can to trade Adrian Peterson, and are willing to unload him “any way they can.” Though ownership and the front office have made overtures to keeping Adrian Peterson, the reality is that they are attempting to get him off the team through any means necessary.

One source told me multiple teams are interested in Peterson, though the strength or seriousness of their interest was not relayed to me.

The Vikings have been attempting to trade Adrian Peterson for weeks....

http://vikingsterritory.com/2015/general-news/report-vikings-doing-all-they-can-to-dump-adrian-peterson-multiple-teams-interested

I was hoping the team could work something out and have Peterson return to the Vikings but despite the GM saying that he has had good dialogue with Peterson, it seems they want him off the team.

QUOTE from Vikings Territory:

Multiple sources have confirmed to me that the Minnesota Vikings are working as hard as they can to trade Adrian Peterson, and are willing to unload him “any way they can.” Though ownership and the front office have made overtures to keeping Adrian Peterson, the reality is that they are attempting to get him off the team through any means necessary.

One source told me multiple teams are interested in Peterson, though the strength or seriousness of their interest was not relayed to me.

The Vikings have been attempting to trade Adrian Peterson for weeks....

http://vikingsterritory.com/2015/general-news/report-vikings-doing-all-they-can-to-dump-adrian-peterson-multiple-teams-interested

There is no doubt in my mind they are trying to trade him...I just don't know what a team can afford to give up after taking on that monster contract as well. I would assume a restructure would be almost required by any team and thus that would take time to work out with all parties. I'm sure Peterson would prefer to just be cut and sign a new deal and go where he wants. Considering the magnitude of his contract...not sure a team could give up much more than say a 2nd or 3rd rd pick type bundle if that high.