Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Takeaways from Today

ColtsFanMikeC

Sadly he is still holding the ball when his receivers are making their breaks. He has the yips when it comes to trusting/knowing the routes they are running.

He will lead the league in hits every year until he overcomes this problem.

I think a big part of this is the OL.  But you are probably not totally wrong.  I have to give Luck credit in that he was playing with an injured Reggie Wayne who was on the field more than any WR that I can remember yesterday and was struggling and Nicks just wasn't where Luck was expecting him to be, the few passes thrown his way which were incomplete (IMO) just was Nicks not getting out of breaks when he should have. Luck was still getting crushed and I don't think it is necessarily 'his problem' to overcome, the WRs should be accountable as well.

Not me, but I have some long posts sometimes, and people still comment with their debate in "novel" form also!

Who's going to read this?

I don't mean to be a jerk or argue, but if you're going to take the time to criticize a wrong write up, it takes just as long to do that as it does to read what was written -- I break things into paragraphs so it should be pretty easy to read a couple (or a few) sentences which separate ideas.

I think a big part of this is the OL.  But you are probably not totally wrong.  I have to give Luck credit in that he was playing with an injured Reggie Wayne who was on the field more than any WR that I can remember yesterday and was struggling and Nicks just wasn't where Luck was expecting him to be, the few passes thrown his way which were incomplete (IMO) just was Nicks not getting out of breaks when he should have. Luck was still getting crushed and I don't think it is necessarily 'his problem' to overcome, the WRs should be accountable as well.

I don't mean to be a jerk or argue, but if you're going to take the time to criticize a wrong write up, it takes just as long to do that as it does to read what was written -- I break things into paragraphs so it should be pretty easy to read a couple (or a few) sentences which separate ideas.

You do have a good point.  I appologize!

I'm sure the cold and/or wind was a big factor. I'm just used to seeing the ball go out the back of the end zone, and it never really came close. And we were backed up on a couple of those punts, so I know he wanted to flip the field as much as possible.

Hmmmm... I wonder if we'd have to play OUTDOORS in the COLD in the playoffs this year on the way to the Superbowl?  Do any of the top teams play outside in the Cold and Wintery Elements?  (Rhetorical Sarcasm)

Hmmmm... I wonder if we'd have to play OUTDOORS in the COLD in the playoffs this year on the way to the Superbowl? Do any of the top teams play outside in the Cold and Wintery Elements? (Rhetorical Sarcasm)

Weather affects the kicking game. It's not new, nor is it specific to the Colts. I think it was more just an issue of Pat not being on his game like he usually is. But you can adjust to bad weather. You have to.