Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

safeties scored against the colts?

shakedownstreet

I don't think it was a safety, but didn't we come really close to giving one up to the Bears week one of '08? Can't remember if it was actually a safety or not

you are right.

J.Addai tackled in end zone by A.Ogunleye for a Safety

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008090712/2008/REG1/bears@colts/analyze/box-score

anyone remember any others?

The Patriots playoff game in the snow back in '04 I believe? Justin Snow snapped the ball over Hunter Smith's head and Hunter ran backwards toward it and kicked it out the back of the endzone for a safety so they couldnt recover it for a touchdown or give them good field position.

The only Colts-related safety I can remember is when Freeney sacked Quinn Gray (I think it was him) in the endzone against Jacksonville. Other than that, I can't remember the Colts scoring or giving up a safety

We also sacked Phillip Rivers in the end zone for a safety at San Diego. If memory serves, that happened in the infamous 2007 regular season game in which Peyton threw 6 picks, Freeney suffered his lisfranc injury and we still came back to win the game -- oh, except Vinny missed a chip-shot FG.