Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arthur Jones !

hptXcolts

Texans and 49ers run a 1-gap 3-4 defense, it is different than the 3-4 that Baltimore and Pittsburgh run. Meanwhile the Ravens ran a 2-gap 4-3 in their 2000 championship year, with Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa both at DT.

Love it when people don't know what they're talking about, yet pretend to be sarcastic and full of themselves in knowledge at the same time.

well, while you are partly right about what you just said, the GB&U was also partly correct as well.  Guys like Redding, Jones, RJF, Kerr etc do need to be able to rush the passer from the interior in the sub Nickel and Dime packages.  Plus, the weakside DT in our defense, (Jones/RJF) do 1 gap as well in our base defense.  They don't 2-gap exclusively.  I think that's partly why it's called a hybrid front.  From the NT to the SamLB it's more 2-gap whereas the weakside DT and RushLB are more 1-gap with some 2-gap responsibility. :)

An excellent and in depth piece of analysis there! :P You'd have to fairly amazingly terrible as a defensive end to single handedly lose games and even that I'm not sure it's possible. 

I'm fairly sure the Ravens would have loved to keep Jones (graded 12th amongst 3-4DEs in 2013) but couldn't afford to. 

i never said art lost those games, I saying we won 5 of the 6 games without him.so he wasn't really missed that much.