Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 10/15

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   Last week Charlotte Lucas (co-owner of Lucas Oil) ended up in the middle of a social media firestorm when she expressed her personal opinion on a Facebook post.  Forrest Lucas took the PR point when he purchased a full-page ad in the "Indianapolis Star" to apologize for Charlotte & her actions. 

:blueshoe: Does your opinion of a business owner and/or celebrity change when they express an opinion that is different than your own ?? 

:blueshoe:   Last week Charlotte Lucas (co-owner of Lucas Oil) ended up in the middle of a social media firestorm when she expressed her personal opinion on a Facebook post.  Forrest Lucas took the PR point when he purchased a full-page ad in the "Indianapolis Star" to apologize for Charlotte & her actions. 

:blueshoe: Does your opinion of a business owner and/or celebrity change when they express an opinion that is different than your own ?? 

Heck yes it does.  let's face it you becomes friends with people that have similar views/life styles etc of yours. 

People all have the right to believe feel and say what they want. People should not be attacked based on these. Tho now it seems if you do not agree with what is popular u are close minded or ignorant. Tho i may not agree with what she said i do believe in her right to say it. So her views have no affect on me. It is actually kind of nice to see someone say what they feel instead of saying whats popular. Many people are too easily offended and hypersensative imo.

Don't know the context of this question. But I am very open minded and generally more accepting than others on many things, so even if they differ from my own opinion, I respect it. Unless it's just insanely stupid/way out there (Fascist, Racist, Superiority ).

:blueshoe:   I think ALL people have a right to their opinion whether it reflects mine or not.  I am getting VERY tired of people "backing down" and/or apologizing for expressing their opinion.  Political correctness is not always correct.  

:blueshoe:   In this particular case - I don't think that Forrest Lucas should have been the one writing an apology letter.