Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some numbers Titans @ Colts

snkdy

With 107 yards today, Reggie Wayne has the first 100-yard receiving day for the Colts this year. 7 catches, 107 yards, 1 TD so far. #Colts (TY also over 100 for the day)

Andrew Luck today: 29/41, 393 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT. His last two games: 60/80 (75%), 763 yards (9.5 YPA), 8 TD, 1 INT. #Colts

And with that TD, Andrew Luck has passed Peyton Manning for the most TD passes in @Colts history after 4 weeks (12). Luck also leads the NFL (13 after that last TD)

Great day from our offense again. Of course, it's only the Jags and the Titans, but its still nice to see us beat the teams we're supposed to beat.

Great game today!  Passing game was on fire, and defense was steady.  The only negative is I felt the running game could have been better, but there was some decent runs here and there.  Good win!

Titans have been good against the run all year, so far. That's kind of a staple of a Ray Horton defense, so it's no real surprise. Plus, with us shaking up our interior line -- I think Louis has been bad since preseason, so I don't understand him getting the start -- we weren't as strong as we've been the last couple weeks. 

They looked scary today, but I think we can do it.

I think Steve Smith won't do all of that against Vontae and Greg Toler.  I hope we can continue to get pressure on the quarterback however we've been doing it lately. Plus they don't have as much of a running game like they did with Ray Rice I don't think.

I think we'll put some point up on their D, but it won't be a 41 point affair like the last two weeks.

I think Steve Smith won't do all of that against Vontae and Greg Toler.  I hope we can continue to get pressure on the quarterback however we've been doing it lately. Plus they don't have as much of a running game like they did with Ray Rice I don't think.

I think we'll put some point up on their D, but it won't be a 41 point affair like the last two weeks.

Yeah, Smith was clearly extra motivated today :) . I'm thinking 20-30 points or so.

The pressure has largely been coming from some nifty blitz packages and Dline stunts. It's actually been intriguing to watch, and as much as I have to say it through gritted teeth, I have to give Manusky credit for experimenting with the pressures.

Luck on the season:

115 of 167 passes (68.9%) for 1,305 yards (7.81 yards per attempt), 13 touchdown passes, and 4 interceptions for a passer rating of 108, and 1 Rushing TD.

14 scores to 4 turnovers and already creeping in on 1500 yards. Through 4 games. How's that for Star Wars numbers?

Titans have been good against the run all year, so far. That's kind of a staple of a Ray Horton defense, so it's no real surprise. Plus, with us shaking up our interior line -- I think Louis has been bad since preseason, so I don't understand him getting the start -- we weren't as strong as we've been the last couple weeks.  

I agree although I thought the Titans were worse against the run than you state.  I guess I was just basing it on the 220 the Cowboys put up against them, but as I checked closer their other games weren't as bad.  What I do like is we kept mixing the run in the entire game even though it didn't look as good as last week. I'm hoping real hard we'll have Thornton back next week against Baltimore.

I agree although I thought the Titans were worse against the run than you state.  I guess I was just basing it on the 220 the Cowboys put up against them, but as I checked closer their other games weren't as bad.  What I do like is we kept mixing the run in the entire game even though it didn't look as good as last week. I'm hoping real hard we'll have Thornton back next week against Baltimore.

Yeah, it's hard to put some of those numbers into context so early in the season, when you don't know what everyone really is. But the Cowboys have been good on the ground, and aside from that the game, the Titans have been good stopping the run. We've still got some work to do before we can just line up and push guys off the ball, no matter what.

First time the Colts have put up back to back 40 point games since 2004. Reggie passes Bruce in his 200th game for 7th all time in receptions. 200 games for Reggie also puts him up there with Peyton Manning & Johnny Unitas as the only Colts to do so.  #numbers

mtv3p4z.jpg

With 107 yards today, Reggie Wayne has the first 100-yard receiving day for the Colts this year. 7 catches, 107 yards, 1 TD so far. #Colts (TY also over 100 for the day)

Andrew Luck today: 29/41, 393 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT. His last two games: 60/80 (75%), 763 yards (9.5 YPA), 8 TD, 1 INT. #Colts

And with that TD, Andrew Luck has passed Peyton Manning for the most TD passes in @Colts history after 4 weeks (12). Luck also leads the NFL (13 after that last TD)

Great day from our offense again. Of course, it's only the Jags and the Titans, but its still nice to see us beat the teams we're supposed to beat.

a 50-TD pace....?