Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver week 1

LordHelpOurColts

Look who was throwing to Sanders and Decker. That explains it. Wait till what Sanders numbers this year is and tell me.

Same with Moreno. Wait till you see Ball this year.

Denver O will dominate this year. Better than last year. Numbers are not important but they will dominate.

lol. The numbers are right there and you say, "just wait, just wait." Fact is Sanders is a bid drop off and Moreno was a monster last year with 10 TDs and over 1000 rushing. Ball is a fumbler. Welker is in a padded helmet. Denver O took big hits. They will not be the same.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The big difference is scheme and who is throwing him the ball. Decker won't get to those numbers in NY. Sanders might not either but he will definitely improve his numbers from the last two years. That is a big record to break and no team may be doing that for a while but I would not be utterly blown away if Denver did beat that. The improvement on defense will give them more offensive touches and that results in more yards and more scoring for Denver.

Roethlisberger is no slouch.

The bolded implies....Major Smackdown to the previous post.  Thanks for the stats AM

Not at all. Sanders was playing for a different team with a different scheme and he didn't have 18 passing him the ball. He also was not surrounded by the great receivers he has around him now. I don't think Denver loses much if anything here. Put Sanders in Indy and his numbers would get better too for the same reasons.

lol. The numbers are right there and you say, "just wait, just wait." Fact is Sanders is a bid drop off and Moreno was a monster last year with 10 TDs and over 1000 rushing. Ball is a fumbler. Welker is in a padded helmet. Denver O took big hits. They will not be the same.

Yeah the numbers are there but you apparently don't read what i typed. What were the numbers of Decker in 2011?. Can you paste that in BOLD as well?.

Getting balls from Ben and Peyton are 2 different things. i dont know if you understand that or not. 

Only way you will know is this year. I dont care if they produce the same numbers but that O will dominate. Ryan Clady is back, its a HUGE difference.

He is?

Sanders

2012: 44 receptions, 626 yards, 1 TD

2013: 67 receptions. 740, 6 TDs

Decker

2012: 85 receptions; 1064 yards, 13 TDs

2013: 87 receptions, 1288 yards, 11 TDs

Moreno won't be missed? 2013: 1,038 yards, 10 TDs

And then there is Welker in a padded helmet.

Denver O took some big hits. They won't be close to last year. Still potent but not record breaking.

You wanna wager on which one will have the better year this year

No, they won't be the same but they will be just as good. Even TRich might gain 1000 yards playing for Denver. Nah, that was too big of a stretch :yay:

Compared to Manning? You have to be kidding.

Roethlisberger is a 2 time champion and pro bowler. He is no slouch and he likes to go throw it deep. Sanders was not that good especially compared to Decker. Decker had the size and speed and was a beast. Sanders is a nice receiver but not in the same league. If he was, the steelers would have kept him.

Not at all. Sanders was playing for a different team with a different scheme and he didn't have 18 passing him the ball. He also was not surrounded by the great receivers he has around him now. I don't think Denver loses much if anything here. Put Sanders in Indy and his numbers would get better too for the same reasons.

I know who plays for what team and the schemes.  If Sanders was open, Big Ben would have hit him for more TDs and catches...simple as that.  Not really even worth arguing.  I hope they both have great years.

Roethlisberger is a 2 time champion and pro bowler. He is no slouch and he likes to go throw it deep. Sanders was not that good especially compared to Decker. Decker had the size and speed and was a beast. Sanders is a nice receiver but not in the same league. If he was, the steelers would have kept him.

Eli Manning is very good to. Jim McMann and Trent Dilfer were also good. Ben is good but Manning is on a completely different level than any of these mentioned. Decker played well. What makes you think the Sanders numbers won't explode in Denver with Peyton passing and other receivers getting the double teams? You are comparing apples and oranges.

Eli Manning is very good to. Jim McMann and Trent Dilfer were also good. Ben is good but Manning is on a completely different level than any of these mentioned. Decker played well. What makes you think the Sanders numbers won't explode in Denver with Peyton passing and other receivers getting the double teams? You are comparing apples and oranges.

Because if Sanders was that good he would have been more open in Pitt and Ben would have hit for more TDs and receptions. It really is simple.