Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Scott Mitchell - then and now

Synthetic

He must have been pretty excited when we had a free doughnut day in America a few months ago!!!!

But, I don't like these sorts of weight loss shows either. I find it unhealthy how they can take extremely obese people then throw them on say a treadmill and have them running sprints at the highest speeds. You should start them slow.....and then later when in better shape/thinner increase intensity. But, it is all about entertainment in the end too and people like seeing this stuff. I just don't think it is healthy however. Real weight loss should stem from a balanced long term healthy life changing plan and nothing short term or drastic.

He must have been pretty excited when we had a free doughnut day in America a few months ago!!!!

But, I don't like these sorts of weight loss shows either. I find it unhealthy how they can take extremely obese people then throw them on say a treadmill and have them running sprints at the highest speeds. You should start them slow.....and then later when in better shape/thinner increase intensity. But, it is all about entertainment in the end too and people like seeing this stuff. I just don't think it is healthy however. Real weight loss should stem from a balanced long term healthy life changing plan and nothing short term or drastic.

Free Doughnut day, only in Murica

DoughnutChamp_t200.jpg

Another problem is those diet pills, which we know do not work. They sell them anyway, cause at least it makes money!

I still can't believe national doughnut day exists....WHY???????

^Please. Nobody ever take diet pills. Those are horrible for you.

Poor Scott Mitchell btw. Honestly he isn't even that huge compared to some on those shows in the past, but I do feel bad for how hard they work these people at times when they are clearly in the worst shape possible. Sigh......reality tv can suck so bad. I try to never watch anymore.

^Please. Nobody ever take diet pills. Those are horrible for you.

Poor Scott Mitchell btw. Honestly he isn't even that huge compared to some on those shows in the past, but I do feel bad for how hard they work these people at times when they are clearly in the worst shape possible. Sigh......reality tv can suck so bad. I try to never watch anymore.

I think deep down inside though, these people want to be worked to the bone, otherwise they wouldn't have joined the show. Putting yourself on display on national television takes guts (no pung intended), so you can bet they want to see results, otherwise they'll feel they've let themselves and the viewers down.

I think deep down inside though, these people want to be worked to the bone, otherwise they wouldn't have joined the show. Putting yourself on display on national television takes guts (no pung intended), so you can bet they want to see results, otherwise they'll feel they've let themselves and the viewers down.

Anything for ratings and the entertainment value. I haven't observed these shows before, but after going through Dr. Phil and these other fake TV doctors, I wouldn't be surprised if something wasn't right. Some people would give up anything to be exploited on national television.

It isn't healthy though the way they go about it on these shows, no way around it. Many REAL doctors would agree with me. I watched it a few times years ago. They literally would take very obese people who had not done a thing in years and would throw them a treadmill at high sprint speeds screaming at them like Nazis if they didn't finish the sprint. Have them lift tires and ridiculously heavy weights.

That kind of aerobic impact with someone at an obese and unfit level could trigger a heart attack or stroke. Or make them just flat out dizzy and weak over time. This isn't Navy Seal training IMO, it's just trying to help extremely heavy people lose weight. But, if they did it humanely it would not be exciting to watch. Like if they were nice to everyone on American Idol it would not be as fun to watch.

Start them slow. Have them just walk.....casually. Maybe even just a little. Build up the walking for a while over time and use light weights. Their aerobic capacity is shot, build it up over time. And while they start give them three healthy meals a day. No sugar too. Teach them to each right long term.

Over time the weight will come off and should stay off if you start slow, build it up and eat healthy.

But, for entertainment purposes it is better to throw the out of shape people on treadmills and laugh as they struggle to run at level 9 gasping for breath.

I know......I don't mean to go off on a tangent either over this stuff lol.