Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting Observations Comparing TRich & Lynch....

NewColtsFan

Got that Madden roster update & moved Mewhort to LG after Donald Thomas got hurt & Trent balled out for me! Here's hoping he does that in real life

Glad I don't have to buy the new Madden now that I have all the rookies & free agent signings on my Madden 25

P.S.: Arthur Jones is an absolute monster!!!!

:colts:

That's likely 1,200 yards, while I can't see that happening it would be at the very least a big time improvement over his career numbers and a huge help for the Colts. 

All due respect but what you can or cannot see Trent Richardson doing is of little consequence. I appreciate your desire to downplay Richardson's expectations and even your attempt to readjust the general sense among relatively speaking, everyone - not just Colts fans - that this trade was a steal for Indy.

Nevertheless, you may want to consider blowing smoke on your team's board. Considering the success of the Colts organization and the lack thereof from the Browns organization, your talents may be better served tempering the latest, greatest Browns expectations over there. And not downplaying the very real and well founded expectations that reside here.

;)

Homer, you don`t mention that many of those catches were when we were way behind and our opponents were GIVING US those short passes.

Well, I didn't mention it because it's not true.  He caught 20 in the 1st half, 15 in the 2nd and 3 in the last two minutes of either half.

As far as way behind, only 7 of his catches happened when the Colts were behind by 9 points or more.

Lastly, if you are going to call me names, I prefer Bart over Homer.

LOL!!!! Ouch.

burn.jpg

All due respect but what you can or cannot see Trent Richardson doing is of little consequence. I appreciate your desire to downplay Richardson's expectations and even your attempt to readjust the general sense among relatively speaking, everyone - not just Colts fans - that this trade was a steal for Indy.

Nevertheless, you may want to consider blowing smoke on your team's board. Considering the success of the Colts organization and the lack thereof from the Browns organization, your talents may be better served tempering the latest, greatest Browns expectations over there. And not downplaying the very real and well founded expectations that reside here.

;)

lmao the very real and well founded expectations of Tent Richardson being good? Please, buzz off, you're blind optimism and flat out being a homer isn't going to suddenly deter me from posting here no matter how well put your passive aggressive crap posts are. 

When Marshawn Lynch first came to the Seahawks he didn't understand how to run behind a zone blocking scheme and struggled quite a bit. A lot of Seahawks fans were down on him despite his epic Beastquake run in the playoffs against the Saints. In 2011 about halfway through his second season with the team he had a long conversation with OL coach Tom Cable about the zone blocking scheme and allegedly the light came on and he began tearing up the league after that. Not coincidentally, the Seahawks were 2-6 that season prior to that and finished 5-3 and began exhibiting the style of play that eventually led them to a Super Bowl title.

Can Richardson make the same leap in productivity that Lynch did? I guess it depends on the reason for his lack of productivity. If it was because of a lack of understanding about the Colts offense and blocking schemes then the offseason will help. If its because of poor field vision then probably not.

lmao the very real and well founded expectations of Tent Richardson being good? Please, buzz off, you're blind optimism and flat out being a homer isn't going to suddenly deter me from posting here no matter how well put your passive aggressive crap posts are. 

Must've struck a nerve.

To play devil's advocate...

Lynch is the exception... not the rule. The majority of first round RBs who struggled early in their career continued to struggle or at best have moderate success. RBs generally peak early in their careers. And I don't think it helps that Richardson is in a very different system to one where he had his success.

That being said he has clear natural talent and when his instincts improve, he should be productive. Lynch-level productive? That is a huge ask.

It's very rare for a RB to peak late, but Reggie Bush comes to mind recently. Really didn't do anything his first couple of years in the league with the Saints, which is why they let him go. He found his legs in Miami, and now he's a potent weapon for the Lions. The difference is I don't think the Colts have time to wait that long.

When the going get tough, the tough get going. Hopefully that will be Trent's response to his first 2 seasons. I think he went to Cleveland with the mindset he was their savior, the man and that he could do no wrong. Didn't sound like he was a very good teammate and thought he was above the system. Well we saw how that turned out and I think and hope he has been humbled by his experience and he comes in wanting to prove to himself that he is still a top teir back.

It's very rare for a RB to peak late, but Reggie Bush comes to mind recently. Really didn't do anything his first couple of years in the league with the Saints, which is why they let him go. He found his legs in Miami, and now he's a potent weapon for the Lions. The difference is I don't think the Colts have time to wait that long.

You will probably start to see that change a bit more now.  Since there is a rookie cap teams are going to take more chances on RBs in the first round and give them time to develop.  Or at least if they do spend a 1st round pick on them they won't kick them to the curb if they are not ultra productive right away.  Unless some team comes and offers them a 1st round draft pick early into that RBs 2nd season. :)

You will probably start to see that change a bit more now.  Since there is a rookie cap teams are going to take more chances on RBs in the first round and give them time to develop.  Or at least if they do spend a 1st round pick on them they won't kick them to the curb if they are not ultra productive right away.  Unless some team comes and offers them a 1st round draft pick early into that RBs 2nd season. :)

I'm not against that either. RB is supposed to be plug and play, but with the evolution of the passing game, theres time to let these guys develop awhile. You can get a mature runner after a few seasons. This would also expand the relatively short lifespan that RB's are known to have. Emmitt lasted long because he was a mature runner into his 30's.

I'm still dying laughing at the saying Luck sucks and Richardson sucks comparison. One takes a team to a win by determination, the other showcases the opponents determination by waiting for a player on the ground to tackle him.

Put Luck and Trent on the trading block and see who brings multiple first round picks and who might bring a 5th rounder at best.

The comparison of lynch and Richardson is comical,,comparing Luck to Trent is *ic.