Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top LB's & DL's after 1st rd.

Pat Kirwin from Sportsline is doing a series of players he thinks will make an impact, but are not going to go in the first round, likely 2nd through 4th. So highly thought of, but do not have all the public attention. These are the kind of players I like. I like reading Kirwin, since he was a scout he has a good eye. I have to give major props to a lot of the posters here for nailing several of the guys he talks about in this article. Jeremiah Attaochu, Preston Brown, Jefferson Jeffcoat. Good job in the scouting on this board! Below is the article. I will post the other ones when he writes them since it is a series. Love finding the players you want on your team after the 1st round. The first round is great, but it is the later rounds where teams are made!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/24516640/plenty-of-defensive-line-linebacker-talent-outside-first-round

That's a cool article.

On Marcus Smith, it's no surprise that he's on our radar. What would be surprising is if he lasts to our pick.

Also, I didn't know Trevor Reilly's daughter had kidney cancer. I'm a fan of Reilly as a mid-round pick. He's 26, so he has a limited amount of time to really earn some money in the NFL (he'll be 30 before he reaches free agency). I hope he goes as high as possible, and I hope he tears it up. (But I don't want him at #59.)