Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael Johnson to Bucs

lollygagger8

I don't understand why good players go to terrible teams just for 2 or 3 million more.

You really don't understand why they do that? Read the last bit of what you said and then think about their life long term not just as an NFL player, but what they do afterwards.

You really don't understand why they do that? Read the last bit of what you said and then think about their life long term not just as an NFL player, but what they do afterwards.

I am stupid.  I want a Lombardi Trophy.  I would take 2 million less to say I won a Super Bowl.  Of course I am a young retiree who never made close to that kind of money and I saved every penny....:)

Yeah, but when your making 7 or 8 million dollars a year, I mean come on. I had rather make 8 million per for a good team than 10 for a bad team. Some people are just greedy though.

Yeah, but when your making 7 or 8 million dollars a year, I mean come on. I had rather make 8 million per for a good team than 10 for a bad team. Some people are just greedy though.

When a good amount of players have to live off that money for the rest of their life you have to get as much as you can get. Not every player is make 7-8 million per year. Not even a majority are making more than 7-8+ million per year. They're making the extra couple of million per year while most of us can only dream of making that much in 5 lifetimes. If anything they're smart for getting the most of what they can from a job that does little to arguably nothing to help them post career.

When a good amount of players have to live off that money for the rest of their life you have to get as much as you can get. Not every player is make 7-8 million per year. Not even a majority are making more than 7-8+ million per year. They're making the extra couple of million per year while most of us can only dream of making that much in 5 lifetimes. If anything they're smart for getting the most of what they can from a job that does little to arguably nothing to help them post career.

My dad never made over 36K in his career and retired in 1982.  I wonder what he could have done with one year's salary.  I have zero respect for someone who could retire after 1 year's pay-check....losing it all or even 'having to have' a 'post football' job' unless they want to.  

I want to win...not lose.  I know I am crazy...but my ego does not need more money than everyone else.

I don't understand why good players go to terrible teams just for 2 or 3 million more.

Teams get better, and worse.  Players can't control that. But they usually have one good chance in their career to make a ton of money, and they jump at it. It's the only thing they are actually in control of.