Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll -- What Do You Do With The Option In Late Feb?

icf

What do you do in late Feb?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. The "option" portion of Manning's Contract comes around in late Feb and he was never able to practice during the season....do you...

• Decline the option -- freeing up lots of cap space, but allowing Manning to be a FA
    • Exercise the option -- Cap space be darned and hope / pray that Manning can play -- go with D in the draft
    • Exercise the option -- Cap space be darned but go ahead and draft Luck (if he's available) just in case

1. Pick up the option.

2. Trade the #1 pick for a king's ransom (a Laron Landry type of player + a pick), or multiple picks in the draft.

3. Draft Kellen Moore who is just as good as Andrew Luck and a fraction of the cost.

4. ???

5. Profit!

Gilmore has the best plan right here. Mr. Polian!...Mr. Irsay! Pay attention.

Gilmore has the best plan right here. Mr. Polian!...Mr. Irsay! Pay attention.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic :unsure:

But I do believe with as deep of a QB draft as this one is going to be, you don't HAVE to take Luck. Kellen Moore has had just as good a college career as Luck with comparable schedules (Boise St. might actually win out as they play a really tough out of conference schedule.)

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic :unsure:

But I do believe with as deep of a QB draft as this one is going to be, you don't HAVE to take Luck. Kellen Moore has had just as good a college career as Luck with comparable schedules (Boise St. might actually win out as they play a really tough out of conference schedule.)

Agreed. Do whatever gives us a decent later QB pick, and leverages as many good picks on the D as we can possibly get. Where would we be this year (even with Painter) if we actually had a good defense? If Manning;s not a clear decision, opt out and resign him later when they have a good idea of whether he's capable of coming back. Isn't that what he himself suggested? Use the money we'd save in the salary cap to get a GREAT shutdown corner and linebacker on FA. Hire new DC. Okay, just got carried away dreaming..... :)

I think saying what you propose "automatically makes us a SB contender for the next couple of years" is a big stretch. Do you think the team, as it is constructed right now, is a Super Bowl quality team?

Manning didn't prove anything to you about carrying bad defenses in 2006 eh?