Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stocks gain when NFC wins SB

-JJ-

I actually thought there was something too this until I read far enough into the article and saw this lol. "Of course, the Super Bowl Indicator is nothing more than a correlation. There is no real cause and effect and investors should NOT use it as a guide for buying and selling stocks."

I actually thought there was something too this until I read far enough into the article and saw this lol. "Of course, the Super Bowl Indicator is nothing more than a correlation. There is no real cause and effect and investors should NOT use it as a guide for buying and selling stocks."

of course I read that too- its not that WS bets/invests because of- it just happens to have an 80% result that the market does well. No more no less. Now if one was a betting man they might bet on 80% odds.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/20/investing/super-bowl-indicator-stocks/index.html

This has been all over the news

80% correct prediction- stock market has a good year when NFC wins SB.

With exceptions of old AFL teams in AFC being counted NFC

I need my 401k so Seattle here I come.

has been stated for years ,  

& we can also say the  January indicator etc, never invest based on these things, and individual picks trump any market

I have been expecting the bottom to fall out of the stock market in 2014 anyway.  This new information just makes me feel all the more secure in that belief.

Well it is due for a self correction though I'm told by analysts it won't be that big a deal.

Go Seattle ;-)