Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Lewis thinks Landry was tipping coverage by his movements

1yrdandacloudofdust

Landry did not play well this season. He is not very good in coverage and he's basically useless when he gets out of position, which is often. There is a reason he's on his third team. When a guy like Rex Ryan cuts you loose from his defense after only one season, buyer beware.  

Ryan didn't cut him loose. His contract expired and they were up against the cap.

How often do you see teams allow guys to walk that they really want to keep for "cap" reasons? Very, very infrequently.

I bet they really wanted to keep Revis as well. But when you are in cap hell you have to make sacrifices. 

But im not debating he's a bad safety. Because he obviously is. But I think if it were Rex's choice and he had the cap space, he would have kept him because he was decent in the role they used him in last year.

I bet they really wanted to keep Revis as well. But when you are in cap hell you have to make sacrifices. 

But im not debating he's a bad safety. Because he obviously is. But I think if it were Rex's choice and he had the cap space, he would have kept him because he was decent in the role they used him in last year.

Of course I agree on Revis, but at the same time he was coming off missing a year due to a knee injury. They finished with the same record as the year prior when they had them. Both 8-8 seasons. So was his outrageous contract really justified? Did he make such an impact on Tampa's defense to justify? So while I agree they probably wanted to keep him, they knew he wasn't worth that kind of money. 

Regarding Landry, again the same thing. Could they have re-signed him, probably. Were they willing to pay $24 mil, $14 mil guaranteed for him. Certainly not when they can sign his brother for 2 years 3 million and performs about equally. 

Like I said, if they wanted him they could have worked it out. That's just my opinion, take it for what it is. 

Of course I agree on Revis, but at the same time he was coming off missing a year due to a knee injury. They finished with the same record as the year prior when they had them. Both 8-8 seasons. So was his outrageous contract really justified? Did he make such an impact on Tampa's defense to justify? So while I agree they probably wanted to keep him, they knew he wasn't worth that kind of money. 

Regarding Landry, again the same thing. Could they have re-signed him, probably. Were they willing to pay $24 mil, $14 mil guaranteed for him. Certainly not when they can sign his brother for 2 years 3 million and performs about equally. 

Like I said, if they wanted him they could have worked it out. That's just my opinion, take it for what it is. 

Maybe the Jets not wanting him is actually a good sign...  The jets don't seem to make the best personnel decisions  

On offense sure, but Rex Ryan has the best eye for defensive talent I've ever seen. 

I had to look into this a bit.  I'm not impressed.  He brought have the Ravens D with him to the Jets who already had an OK D.  He then went on to draft defensive players with top 10 first round picks...

Look at the Jets picks the last 5 years http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/draft.htm .   I was looking for a player after the 1st round that he picked that turned out to be a solid player.  I found none.  He seems to pick ok in the early parts of the 1st round, but how hard is that??  The true "best eye for defensive talent" would find starters late in the draft.  

If that run that went for 73 yards was taken away the Pats still run for 161 yards on 23 other carries .....Thats 7 yards a carry......yeah still awful...throw in that 73 yarder and you realize New Englands O Line humiliated our front 7, and will continue that trend until we get an intimidating hard hitting, run stuffing ILB

We were manhandled buy NE. Even given that I would rather they run the ball & we STOP it!!