Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bjeorn Werner

Flash7

I can believe this ranking. He really didn't do anything to warrant a first round pick, but there weren't any breakout players at that point. I do like to look back and say ''what if''. The players taken after him that would not have been bad were Corderelle Patterson WR (if he keeps his nose clean), Giovani Bernard RB (good rookie RB-but we have decent RBs), Eddie Lacy (definitely a good pick) and we could have had Geno Smith instead, too (jk).

All those guys listed by Dustin were drafted ahead of Bjoern and the only one ranked ahead of him that ran a 3-4 was Jarvis Jones.  I'd say that's not too bad given that, at the time of the draft, we needed a pass rusher.  I don't disagree with you on Patterson, but we needed more help on the defensive front than we did at hte WR position.  I still think taht, out of those available, Bjoern was a great pick.  I would have liked for us to pick up a quality corner, but out of those available, Xavier Rhodes amd Johnthan Banks (whom I preferred) would have been the only two worth picking up..and right now, it's not like anyone can say that had we picked either of those three guys, that we clearly got the best player of the three.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Sorry, still adjusting to the 17 game schedule Wins 7.9 Indianapolis Colts Win Total: under 8.5 (-120) Make Playoffs: +150 Win Division: +320 Win Conference: +3000 Win Super Bowl: +5000 Colts' complete 2024 NFL schedule   The return of Anthony Richardson, along with some great new pieces (AD Mitchell, Laiatu Latu), creates a ton of upside for this young team. The Colts' hardest four-game stretch comes in the middle of the season (Dolphins, at Texans, at Vikings, Bills), with a trip to the Jets and a home game against the Lions immediately following. That's a lot of different playing styles they'll need to adjust to over a six-week period. The good news: My models have Indy favored in each of its final four games of the campaign (at Broncos, Titans, at Giants, Jaguars).
    • Rookie contracts are locked in for total value and years. Mitchell won't be holding out for first round money, it's not permissible based on the CBA. If players want to change that, holding out won't do anything; the union would have to strike, and that's not happening. Other contract factors are negotiable, and the main sticking points tend to be total guaranteed money, and offset language.    At this point, it's way too early to be concerned about a rookie contract holdout. Rookie holdouts almost never happen after 2011, and when they do, it's always a player who was drafted near the top of the first round. The two that come to mind are Joey Bosa (third overall pick), and Devon Witherspoon (fifth overall pick). Anthony Castonzo was a few days late to camp in 2011, but that was the first year of the rookie wage scale so the precedents regarding guarantees and so forth weren't set, and a lot of NFL business was happening in a short period of time after the lockout, so I don't even think it counts.   It's possible that with the transfer portal and NIL money being a big factor in the career paths of college athletes, they are now used to having more leverage than drafted players had even three or four years ago. So maybe we'll see more holdouts for players outside of the first round, but until that really starts happening, I'm not worried about it. In Mitchell's case, all that really matters is that he's signed in time for training camp.
    • all we need is a healthy AR
  • Members