Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cleveland to fire Rob Chudzinski

SkyBane

Thats a big understatement....7 head coaches since 1999

BcsQ_vmCYAAv24m.jpg

Why are the Browns almost cursed to the level of almost a supernatural bad omen? Fans of this franchise deserve a mercy or Presidential pardon rule or something. I root for this club because the Chiefs & Jaguars arrow is finally pointing up. When will Cleveland get a reprieve from familiar disappointment & disaster? This dog pound torture of losing seasons has endured far too long. My deepest sympathies Cleveland. I sincerely mean that too.  

So you don't have a problem with firing Chudzinski? Do you think it was the right thing to do?

I think he wasn't the guy they wanted. They wanted Chip Kelly and he got hired with them hoping he could take the next step. He didn't and he got fired. I'm not saying I agree with it, until all of the information comes out I won't be able to tell. 

From everything I hear, the front office and Chud had disagreements on personnel. 

I think he wasn't the guy they wanted. They wanted Chip Kelly and he got hired with them hoping he could take the next step. He didn't and he got fired. I'm not saying I agree with it, until all of the information comes out I won't be able to tell. 

From everything I hear, the front office and Chud had disagreements on personnel. 

That's kind of what I thought as well. But a lot of Browns fans are up in arms over apparent mismanagement, pertaining to this firing. I guess you're more willing to wait and see what happens?

Also, good point on Chip Kelly. The Browns watched the Eagles go +6 in the wins column with Kelly, and have to be wondering "what if." Meanwhile, the Browns went -1 with Chudzinski. Not really a fair comparison, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was a factor in the way they graded his performance.

That's kind of what I thought as well. But a lot of Browns fans are up in arms over apparent mismanagement, pertaining to this firing. I guess you're more willing to wait and see what happens?

Also, good point on Chip Kelly. The Browns watched the Eagles go +6 in the wins column with Kelly, and have to be wondering "what if." Meanwhile, the Browns went -1 with Chudzinski. Not really a fair comparison, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was a factor in the way they graded his performance.

We had better talent and better QB play (overall) and we went -1. We were 3-2 and proceeded to go 1-10. First year or third year 1-10 is probably grounds for dismissal. 

Browns fans are just up in arms because they are sick of losing. Sick of constantly being told "Continuity is key" and firing guys every few seasons. I guess the question I ask them is, if you KNOW he's not the right guy, you're already having issues with personnel between the HC and FO, do you fire him right away? Or continue with a bad coach/match for a few years?

I actually hand it to them, they are taking it on the chin for this firing, which I'm sure they knew they would. But, they felt it wasn't working, better to cut the chord now than wait and continue to be bad. 

We had better talent and better QB play (overall) and we went -1. We were 3-2 and proceeded to go 1-12. First year or third year 1-12 is probably grounds for dismissal. 

Browns fans are just up in arms because they are sick of losing. Sick of constantly being told "Continuity is key" and firing guys every few seasons. I guess the question I ask them is, if you KNOW he's not the right guy, you're already having issues with personnel between the HC and FO, do you fire him right away? Or continue with a bad coach/match for a few years?

I actually hand it to them, they are taking it on the chin for this firing, which I'm sure they knew they would. But, they felt it wasn't working, better to cut the chord now than wait and continue to be bad. 

We had better talent and better QB play (overall) and we went -1. We were 3-2 and proceeded to go 1-12. First year or third year 1-12 is probably grounds for dismissal. 

I agree for the most part. If you don't think he's the guy, there's no sense in prolonging the inevitable. Might not be fair to him, but they presumably identified their mistake and are owning it. And hopefully they make a better choice next time. I think they'd be well served to make a push for Jay Gruden.

I agree for the most part. If you don't think he's the guy, there's no sense in prolonging the inevitable. Might not be fair to him, but they presumably identified their mistake and are owning it. And hopefully they make a better choice next time. I think they'd be well served to make a push for Jay Gruden.

Sad thing is I'm pretty sure they are set on Josh McDaniels at HC and Jim Schwartz at DC not a good idea IMO

I posted this in another thread.

you also have to keep in mind we can't interview coaches with games this weekend. McDaniels has a by so he'll be in on Saturday. 

It's interesting because when you do a really deep dive into his time in Denver you find a couple of things.

1. Cutler is on many levels a malcontent. They got rid of him and he has been very iffy.

2. Brandon Marshall had a myriad of mental health issues during McDaniels time there.

3. The "Tim Tebow" draft was actually a good one, aside from Tebow. It produced, Demarious Thomas, Zane Beatles, Eric Decker and yes, Time Tebow. Solid draft offensively. 

4. He took them to an 8-8 record BEFORE he drafted the above players and Cutler and Thomas had banner years. 

On the bad side.

1. He wanted to trade for Matt Cassell - ew

2. He sort of ran wild in Denver without a strong GM.

3. The Defense was horrendous during his time in Denver. 

There are good and bad things with McDaniels, if he learned his lesson, I think he could succeed. Really, I think more than anything, people look at Tim Tebow and that's all they see of McDaniels, which, really isn't fair. 

The Schwartz part is baffling because he is a 4-3 guy and we're a 3-4 with lots of 3-4 parts. 

I posted this in another thread.

you also have to keep in mind we can't interview coaches with games this weekend. McDaniels has a by so he'll be in on Saturday.

The Schwartz part is baffling because he is a 4-3 guy and we're a 3-4 with lots of 3-4 parts.

Not to mention you have Ray Horton who IMO is a damn good DC the McDaniels part I'm iffy on I think there are better options available

???

Who do you have that couldn't fit in a 4-3? I think Mingo could be used the way the Broncos use Von Miller. Desmond Bryant can play end on early downs and tackle on passing downs. Kruger would be a misfit for sure, and you're stuck with him in 2014, but after that you can release him with a moderate cap penalty. And you have sufficient cap space to add a couple pieces where necessary.

???

Who do you have that couldn't fit in a 4-3? I think Mingo could be used the way the Broncos use Von Miller. Kruger would be a misfit for sure, and you're stuck with him in 2014, but after that you can release him with a moderate cap penalty. And you have sufficient cap space to add a couple pieces where necessary.

It's baffling to me cause they already had a good 3-4 D with Horton why change all the browns needed was a QB and a good RB maybe another WR to help Gordon

Not to mention you have Ray Horton who IMO is a damn good DC the McDaniels part I'm iffy on I think there are better options available

The Caveat is, who, that is better and available, would want to come to Cleveland?

???

Who do you have that couldn't fit in a 4-3? I think Mingo could be used the way the Broncos use Von Miller. Desmond Bryant can play end on early downs and tackle on passing downs. Kruger would be a misfit for sure, and you're stuck with him in 2014, but after that you can release him with a moderate cap penalty. And you have sufficient cap space to add a couple pieces where necessary.

Kruger is the odd man out. Mingo was brought in to play OLB, I know he played 4-3 end in college but changing back is a questionable move. 

It's baffling to me cause they already had a good 3-4 D with Horton why change all the browns needed was a QB and a good RB maybe another WR to help Gordon

Ha, might want to check those facts. They were good the first half of the season. They gave up, 41, 27, 32, 27, 38, 24 and 20 (that could have been 40) in tha back half of the season. There is a reason Chud got fired. Our defense and offense both regressed as the year went on. 

That's true.

I thought it would be smart for them to look at Kirk Cousins. Its possible they could get him for a 3rd round pick. That would allow them to use their 2 1st rounders and 2nd on other holes. I also thought Ken Whisenhunt was a good option for them at HC

Kruger is the odd man out. Mingo was brought in to play OLB, I know he played 4-3 end in college but changing back is a questionable move. 

I think the question about Mingo coming out was whether he could transition to OLB in the pros. I think he fits the Von Miller mold very nicely. The question wouldn't be how he plays at end, more about how he handles drops as a linebacker.

I thought it would be smart for them to look at Kirk Cousins. Its possible they could get him for a 3rd round pick. That would allow them to use their 2 1st rounders and 2nd on other holes. I also thought Ken Whisenhunt was a good option for them at HC

I used to be high on Cousins too. He had one good half once rg3 sat down and was a train wreck the rest of the way.

He may have hurt his value too much to justify a trade, skins might as well keep him for now. IMO

I used to be high on Cousins too. He had one good half once rg3 sat down and was a train wreck the rest of the way.

He may have hurt his value too much to justify a trade, skins might as well keep him for now. IMO

I wouldn't say train wreck he played as good as he could with that line and team